Marine Corps Plans To Get Rid Of “Yes Sir” Over Gender Neutrality Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I spent 22 years in the Navy (most of which was spent with the Marine Corps). I still call everyone Sir or Ma’am. It’s ingrained in who I am. It doesn’t matter how young or old someone is, I still say it. Now I always feel I’m going to unwittingly offend someone. We have so many “genders” now, nobody knows what to call anyone. So, I was thinking. Other parts of the world have respectful greetings that don’t have anything to do with age or gender. Why don’t we?
I say this because I made the mistake of calling a female “Sir”. She had a baseball cap on and looked like a dude. Then I had a guy in a dress come up to me (had a full beard) and I called him Sir. Both people were very unhappy. I think we have to, at some point, realize we are living in a changing world. (And no I’m not a liberal. I’m a conservative that’s getting older and trying to respect others without losing my own morals).
“Hello” or my norm “howdy”

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get rid of every ****ing woman in the Marine Corps and call everybody sir...end of ****ing story!
Can't agree with that. Many women (including my daughter) have served, or serve, honorably while doing jobs that are simply more suited to females than for their male counterparts. All Marine Corp recruits, both male and female are trained as basic infantry Marines as their primary role regardless of what billet (job) they occupy.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just 1 more topic a bunch of us sitting around in our recliners are griping about. We sure seem to keep tolerating a lot of BS from our so called leadership. I just hope there is enough glitter stored in ammunition bunkers so when we need to fling it at the enemy we won’t run out. We are going to lose the next war……badly.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never understood what yes sir, etc. I figure it came from a military branch where they were smart enough to read their rank and name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom