May scammers face the worst case of hemroids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I listed the Warn Winch I have on Craigslist. Shortly after listing it I had someone ask the basic questions, still have it? condition? could you take money to hold it till I get someone there to pick it up?

After this person jerking me around for a week I finally tell them to take a hike. Two days later I receive an email with a suposed tracking number for check or money order totaling $2650.00. Mind you this is for a winch I'm selling for $850. You should be able to see where this is going. This morning I get the following email.

Hello,

You should have received the payment by now, i will be expecting you to deposit it into your account, deduct your money have have the remaining send to my mover who will arrange for the pick up, below is the information to send the remaining money to and please take note moneygram only, Thanks for your corporation.

Name: David Hutschenreuter, City: La Crosse, State: Wisconsin,
Zipcode: 54603...Hope to hear back from you soon....

I should have jerked with them a bit more I'm to damn tired.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'll probably get an email stating that he has sent money out and will threaten me with bad grammer if I don't send money back to him.

Name and email address should anyone else get contacted by this scammer: Stephen sheffield [email protected]

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got the check today. I listed the winch at $850 and the check was made out for $3,350.00. Check is from a company out of Hollywood, FL with a Wachovia Bank out of the same town. Just a couple blocks from the business. Now for the funny part. Post mark stamp is out of Bedford Park, IL.

tempted to email the company on the check and let them know the details of their business transaction.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Return to sender. I'm convinced it's a scam. You cash the check and it bounces and they charge your account.

Here is what I found after an internet inquiry.

DAVID W HUTSCHENREUTER Born Jun 1959
901 CLINTON
LA CROSSE, WI 54603 (608) 784-6269

The phone is an unpublished cell number.

Latest posts

Top Bottom