Mean hateful parents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it sounds like you came out a good person in spite of or because of the "challenges" you had growing up. I grew up in a pretty strict home but I don't regret a minute of it. Only time I was whipped was if I really screwed up. when I was about 5 or 6 I had a problem keeping my pants zipped up. Dad told me several times to zip up or else. He finally got tired of telling me one night when we were at the neighbors and told my mom to take me home and put a dress on me, worst thing was I had to go back over to the neighbor's with the dress on. To this day I still constantly check my zipper!! and that was about 60 years ago.

But are you still uh...uh...like...wearing dresses?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the parents do to their children whether good or bad follows the offspring the remainder of their lives. Johnny Cash tried to impress his Dad and never could. I seen a documentary on Johnny and he told his Dad he had a hit song and his Dads said, "You ain't sh..! And as for me? I'm the "little Bastard that should have been knocked in the head the day I was born." And, "I oughta knock you in the head and tell God you died." Beaten with a horse quirt, wire coat hangers, belt, switches, boards, electrical cords and still have the scar from a knife blade on my lateral knee from around three years old-and I'm going on 75. I just cannot put the past behind me, it happened and it affected me for life. It isn't supposed to be this way but crap happens. It sort of takes the self confidence from a person and destroys something inside. However, I have it made, I'm retired, God is good and has been good to me so why complain?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to go into a big story about all the crap I dealt with but one day my mother said, "I had my whole life figured out and then I had you." Last I heard she had died. Don't know when or where let alone if it's true. Out of her 4 siblings only one is alive and he is in prison over drug charges. Grandmother and grandfather are gone too. Grandfather at one time was very rude when my son passed at nine days old. Didn't go to any funerals and had not talked with any of them in over ten years and haven't seen any in almost 20. Was easier to just stay away than deal with all the strife and turmoil. Grandmother's house was sold through the courts maybe a month ago. Wasn't worth dealing with knowing that it would end up putting my family back in contact.

Sometimes you just have to move on and never look back while you give them all the finger.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a story on a lighter note. My father passed when I was 5 so the three of us boys had a distant stepdad most of my life so mom was the desciplinary of the family, but showed constant love for us and towards us. One day when I was about 6, older brothers 7 and 8, we were being loud and boistrous as boys do, and it appeared my mom had finally had it with us, she came out of her room with a 38 pistol in her hand and screamed, "That's it, I can't take this anymore", and went into the bathroom. We all just stood there with a purplexed look on our faces. Then all of the sudden there was a loud bang from the bathroom. We all got wide eyed and started crying and screaming momma while running circles in the living room.....only to eventually look up and see my mom bent over, holding her stomach in laughter........She had lit off a firecracker in the bathtub.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a story on a lighter note. My father passed when I was 5 so the three of us boys had a distant stepdad most of my life so mom was the desciplinary of the family, but showed constant love for us and towards us. One day when I was about 6, older brothers 7 and 8, we were being loud and boistrous as boys do, and it appeared my mom had finally had it with us, she came out of her room with a 38 pistol in her hand and screamed, "That's it, I can't take this anymore", and went into the bathroom. We all just stood there with a purplexed look on our faces. Then all of the sudden there was a loud bang from the bathroom. We all got wide eyed and started crying and screaming momma while running circles in the living room.....only to eventually look up and see my mom bent over, holding her stomach in laughter........She had lit off a firecracker in the bathtub.

I'm very rarely at a loss for words but....

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very rarely at a loss for words but....
Can't say as any of us suffered any lasting trauma, other than maybe having a warped sense of humor....I have several guns at our house, and a 9 year old, and wouldn't ever joke about using one in that manner. But then again, we're living in different times and I've had many a lecture about gun safety with him....with many more to come.

Last edited:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say as any of us suffered any lasting trauma, other than maybe having a warped sense of humor....I have several guns at our house, and a 9 year old, and wouldn't ever joke about using one in that manner. But then again, we're living in different times and I've had many a lecture about gun safety with him....with many more to come.

Not passing judgement one way or the other. Part of me thought..."WTF?!". Another part of me thought..."That right there is funny as hell and what a way to teach them when Mama says ENOUGH! she means it."
"

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not passing judgement one way or the other. Part of me thought..."WTF?!". Another part of me thought..."That right there is funny as hell and what a way to teach them when Mama says ENOUGH! she means it."
"
She still laughs about it....I love the hell out of her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom