Mean hateful parents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I joined the service as soon as I was old enough to get away from my father and some of his friends. Tried to reconnect with him later in life but it did not work. Ended up stuffing his ass in a nursing home when he got older. I cried when one of my dogs died but not when my father did. How screwed up is that. Sad thing is I did love him, but hated him at the same time.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat for the family who died. I can't shed a tear for them. If it wasn't lying and backstabbing to get ahead it was doing it to start a fight or just be a plain D1(&. With family like that who needs enemies?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined the service as soon as I was old enough to get away from my father and some of his friends. Tried to reconnect with him later in life but it did not work. Ended up stuffing his ass in a nursing home when he got older. I cried when one of my dogs died but not when my father did. How screwed up is that. Sad thing is I did love him, but hated him at the same time.

You are not alone. They say the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. I have found that to be true -- I do not hate my family any longer, I just simply do not care. The only feelings I have at are from time to time is a regret for what could have been if any one of them had been an even remotely different person.

There are plenty of folks here who can attest to the fact that I do not hold grudges. I simply learn my lesson, cut my losses and move on. I am still friends with a few of you guys no matter how others have tried to influence that. That's how my entire family is -- once I was old enough to fight back against the sexual, physical and psychological abuse then they did their best to destroy every good relationship I had. So when others do that **** now I tend to just walk away. Others who got caught up in the BS have made their way back and there is nothing wrong with bygones being bygones.

There won't be anyone at my funeral and I'm good with that. I'm more about plain old peace and quiet now. The noise is always there, though. Just a little quieter now that those people who do not have my best interests at heart know, from my actions, that while they may cross my mind from time to time, it is only to serve to remind me what I have survived and to be grateful for what I have now.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree 100% about walking away. Oddly enough ten years ago or so I was technically worth about three million. Was helping someone take care of a large private owned set of apartments. There were issues with some family member of the owner and rather than be a part of it I opted to move on. The owner needed some help with things and I had moved to OKC and drove the hour and a half to go help and keep things running. Eventually found out that I had been put into the will and would have been 1/3 heir to the complex which the owner had been offered ten million to sell to the gov and it would have been turned into a halfway house or something of that nature. I continued to help out for a few other projects outside of the complex and then something changed. No clue if I was still a partial heir or not but I walked away again. Not worth all the BS and drama.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have walked away from most of the family BS. I still talk to a few of them online but have not seen any of them in a few years, some many years.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason why I know much of anything about my family is through my father whom I speak to a bit and have a sometimes tentative relationship with and web searching. Saw the obituaries for my grandmother and grandfather at one point and I wasn't even mentioned. And my uncle's name came up in a web search for having been arrested for meth, pot and paraphernalia. Another arrest in march of this year was "Convict Mittimus" so basically he screwed up and went to the big house. I just shake my head and stay away.

At one point in time he had is two boys wrapped up in to something as well as you can see there was all three being arrested around the same time. I am sure that had I not gotten away from everything I would have been in a similar situation. I had tried multiple times to make family work and the same things ended up happening eventually it was at the point of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eeeee-yah not me. I'm not interested at ALL about what is going on with those I've moved on from. No "stalking" on FB, no phone calls to outliers in the family to see what's going on. I even changed my phone number several years ago because I tired of the "Grandma called Aunt Ethel to tell her to tell me to call you and see if you would dot dot dot" :bigeye:

No doubt they could come to the house and get me if they really wanted but they ALL know how that will turn out. Like I said earlier I enjoy my peace and quiet now and I'm not interested in being drug back in to that mess. I hope whatever might be going on now (and there is ALWAYS something going on) works out for them but I can't help them.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got rid of the number they had access to a long time ago. Nor can they really find me unless they want to pay out some cash to some PI or something to get my address. Even then I doubt they would want to put in the effort to make the drive. The only reason why I did a search is my father got a message saying something to the effect that someone had died and they wanted to contact me for the inheritance. I told him he could feel free to make a facebook page in my name and do just that. List me in cuba or something with no phone number. The only reason I did a search is it is not above them to attempt contact by saying someone died. So every once and a while I will do a quick search to see if an obit pops up. The one I saw for my grandmother states that all but the one uncle died before her so I guess they were not lying about it this time.... Then again the meth addict probably blew anything I was supposed to get anyway. He stripped the appliances and pretty much anything of value from the house my grandmother was in from what I can tell of the listing pictures I was able to find.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got rid of the number they had access to a long time ago. Nor can they really find me unless they want to pay out some cash to some PI or something to get my address. Even then I doubt they would want to put in the effort to make the drive. The only reason why I did a search is my father got a message saying something to the effect that someone had died and they wanted to contact me for the inheritance. I told him he could feel free to make a facebook page in my name and do just that. List me in cuba or something with no phone number. The only reason I did a search is it is not above them to attempt contact by saying someone died. So every once and a while I will do a quick search to see if an obit pops up. The one I saw for my grandmother states that all but the one uncle died before her so I guess they were not lying about it this time.... Then again the meth addict probably blew anything I was supposed to get anyway. He stripped the appliances and pretty much anything of value from the house my grandmother was in from what I can tell of the listing pictures I was able to find.

I remember. Family, huh? :rolleyes2:bigeye::preocc:

Latest posts

Top Bottom