Merwin Hulbert & Co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mildbill still has the merwin hulbert he said he was going to bed so ithouth i oost for him

I feel like I am a teacher back in school trying to figure out gang talk. I am sorry for not knowing but what does ' ithouth i oost for him' mean?

I tried to figure it out I thought it may be 'lights out for him'. or maybe 'it will cost him'.

I am at a loss.

I am learning new things at my old age every day, please help me.

Mark

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats pretty sweet. Any idea of pricing yet?

As a possable future dealer I have asked that question several times. I asked it again last night and this is the answer I revieved.

"I'm still wrestling down the barrelmaking costs (like the guy wrassling the
alligator in the swamp where it's hard to tell who's winning amidst all the
flopping in the mud.) That's the big variable on the final price of the guns
as well as especially the cost of additional barrels in other lengths.

The catalog I'm wrapping up will help a lot in answering customer questions
too.

Working on articles some more this weekend, one for "Arms & The Man" and one for "Gun Digest Annual" that'll help get a lot more Merwin history out there."

So as you can see, it is going to be a slow process, but I am excited about it. It will be cool having one that will shoot modern loads. That will not be corsosive like the black powder was. I feel these will be some nice weapons to be proud of.

That is why I want to carry them in my shop.

Mark

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I am a teacher back in school trying to figure out gang talk. I am sorry for not knowing but what does ' ithouth i oost for him' mean?

I tried to figure it out I thought it may be 'lights out for him'. or maybe 'it will cost him'.

I am at a loss.

I am learning new things at my old age every day, please help me.

Mark

"I thought I'd post for him", I think.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice pieces!! I'm a wannabe classic gun buyer. Rifle, pistol or shotgun.
Wannabe meaning I have a nice collection, but no where near what others have. But, I keep working on it:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ronny and the rest of you here is a real treat that was just sent to me. Ronny remember when i told you that I might become a dealer for the New Merwin's when they start production. This is what they sent me today.

Enjoy

click on the url

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5rlvggPbc

Man! that is built like a watch. Impressive to say the least.:D

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ronny and the rest of you here is a real treat that was just sent to me. Ronny remember when i told you that I might become a dealer for the New Merwin's when they start production. This is what they sent me today.

Enjoy

click on the url

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5rlvggPbc

The Swiss watch gun of the 19th century. I've always been amazed by the 19th century revolvers, and am wondering how much longer till Uberti starts down the road of making the smaller S&W break-tops. With the advance of metallergy they should be able to make some of the smaller BT's in decent cartridges AKA .32L & .38spl besides their original loadings. Imagine if you will a #5 S&W lemon sqeezer in .38spl with a 2-1/2"bbl, it would only be a small increase in cylinder length. Same for the .32L. This could also be done with the larger S&W's such as the .44Russian/.44American upgraded to .44spl. which were DA/SA BT revolvers.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up another Merwin Hulbert & Co. Pistol at this last gun show. This one is a first issue. 44 Russian. One of the ones with no top strap. I purchased it from another vendor, so i had to give quite a lot for it. he purchased it years ago in Georgia. Boy, if these pistols could talk, the tales they could tell. At least that was what I was thinking as I cleaned this one up, oiled and greased it. It has great suction so that means it is in great shape. It looks great too. I will try to post some pictures of it.

A side note:

When I was at the Big 'W' show I got a sad look at myself several years from now. There was an old man on the bottom floor, who had several cases of Merwin Hulbert & Co. Pistol's. his wife sitting next to him. The pistols were the best I had ever seen, I asked him how much he wanted for one that was Birds head Scull Crusher, he said $18,000. I said boy I wish I had that much because that is a nice gun. His wife chimed in and said " those guns have been sitting in those cases for years because he will not come down on the price, he will never sell them, when he dies I will sell them for pennies on the dollar, and there is nothing he can do about it." of course a fight began between the two. Reality just set in when I started thinking about what she said. That is going to be me, if I continue collecting these things.. All you can do is look at them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom