Merwin Hulbert & Co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have a friend that has a engraved one it is a pocket army with the skull crusher on the grip it is in about 95 0/0 cond. may be 44/40 cal.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a friend that has a engraved one it is a pocket army with the skull crusher on the grip it is in about 95 0/0 cond. may be 44/40 cal.
I would love to see that one.

When I got home yesterday there was a PO call slip on my door, I think it is for the Book THE STORY OF MERWIN HULBERT CO. FIREARMS by the late ART PHELPS. That is the one i have been waiting for. It actually covers almost all the weapons they made. Then I can identify the guns I get or bid on better.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was right, it was the book in the mail I was waiting for. Talk about a wealth of knowledge. I can not put it down. No wonder it was so expensive. I covers just about every Merwin Hulbert & Co. firearm ever made, shows pictures and how to ID them. It evens gives the history. My collecting has just begun. The only problem is that some of them I can afford to purchase, and most I can not, and never will. But at least I will know what I am looking for. Some are not worth very much , but some..

And no Dremel here!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was right, it was the book in the mail I was waiting for. Talk about a wealth of knowledge. I can not put it down. No wonder it was so expensive. I covers just about every Merwin Hulbert & Co. firearm ever made, shows pictures and how to ID them. It evens gives the history. My collecting has just begun. The only problem is that some of them I can afford to purchase, and most I can not, and never will. But at least I will know what I am looking for. Some are not worth very much , but some..

And no Dremel here!

You Sir have taken the great leap! I took this leap many years ago with S&W revolvers, and Walther firearms(I didn't say pistols, because they used to make some really nice rifles) an Puma Knives. Trust me your library will expand, your bank account will shrink, and you will be in heaven every time you pick on up to play with it or shoot one.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You Sir have taken the great leap! I took this leap many years ago with S&W revolvers, and Walther firearms(I didn't say pistols, because they used to make some really nice rifles) an Puma Knives. Trust me your library will expand, your bank account will shrink, and you will be in heaven every time you pick on up to play with it or shoot one.

I traded for a MH third model Frontier Army DA in .44-40 Winchester with a 7" barrel, there are 2 notches carved on the stalk, I wonder if it means what i think it means. It is rough. But all numbers match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom