Miami Police Officer Caught Driving 120 mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its good to see that laws apply to everyone, I just think the FHP was a little harsh on the stop. I wonder how many times she has ordered people out of their vehicles at gun point. I like his excuses for being late to work and not seeing the lights, haha. If he gets to keep his job, he should be nice to the people that give him the same excuses.

http://www.local10.com/news/29619059/detail.html

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree with a little harsh. Lets be realistic, if that would have been me and I had evaded an officer for 12 miles and 7 minutes @ 120mph then I or anyone else would have been on the ground.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the " Do as I say, and not as I do" caught up with him. If I was going to court for a speeding ticket, I would hope it was on the same day as him.lol

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Little harsh? what if he had been someone who stole a police cruiser? Why would she act any different until she had confirmed whether or not the subject was a threat? If she knew it was a cop in the car, then that's an even better reason to approach ready for anything. Try and wrap your head around what could happen at a "routine" traffic stop. The possibilities that end badly for the cop are vast. I would dare say that "routine" traffic stops probably result in a large percentage of LEO deaths.

I say in this case the lady did everything well, and I think I would have probably beat the guy for the bad image that he has now placed on LEOs in general.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would dare say that "routine" traffic stops probably result in a large percentage of LEO deaths.

Traffic stops gone awry are the leading cause of death for officer's on duty, you are correct. Not the routine ones though, anything where you end up dead is hardly routine.

A friend of mine in HS had the same thing happen, he wasn't a cop, just two kids. Anyway, doing 125 down the highway got pulled over, weapons drawn, throw keys over the car onto the grass off to the right, cop high intensity. As soon as he realized they were just two kids being dumb reholstered and lectured and let them go with a hefty ticket. This officer was also following them for a length of time.

I watched the dashcam vid and I understand and actually believe the guy that he didn't see the lights. At one point the pursuing woman shuts them off...why? For those of you who haven't driven at high rates of speed, on a closed course, when you are going that fast you really need to focus on what is in front of you because the time to get to that point is very short. Especially if you are taking traffic into account, then you really need to focus on what's in front of you. The pursuing officer didn't pursue real aggressively from what I can tell on the dash cam either. It didn't appear she was passing traffic as quickly as I thought to be doing 100+ to catch the speeder.

Though after a while the pursuing officer is definitely close enough he should have noticed.

To top it all off the cop pulls over to the skinny center median instead of onto the shoulder...Who taught this guy to be a police officer? He does literally nothing right.

PS
I like how the ad on that page is for Porsche haha.

Last edited:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:

SKY IS BLUE: MORE TO FOLLOW

On another note, traffic stops gone awry are not the leading cause of death for police officers. Traffic collisions are the leading cause of on-duty deaths.

Michael Brown

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:

SKY IS BLUE: MORE TO FOLLOW

On another note, traffic stops gone awry are not the leading cause of death for police officers. Traffic collisions are the leading cause of on-duty deaths.

Michael Brown

You are correct sir. I would hate to work with that lady, is there no brotherhood in police work anymore? I mean jeez you don't have to handcuff him especially if you have verified he is a le. She has some big balls to give him a ticket to, I would hope his fop rep fights it. Its a nationwide thing as well, down in AZ i have seen Phoenix PD speeding up to pull over someone on the freeway only to have a Hi Po pull over the Phoenix PD officer. Its ridiculous what some people will do to try and be super cop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom