Miami Police Officer Caught Driving 120 mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's driving 120 mph because he was late.
He makes several lane changes without signaling.
Her wipers are on the entire time, so I'm assuming the roads were at least damp.
He pulls over and stops on the left?

This guy is a moron and I hope his ticket carries a huge fine that doesn't get reduced/dismissed and I hope he received some sort of reprimanding from his supervisor.

and on top of that, he was running late for a side job for a school, not even running late for his shift!!

You can tell at one point he sees her, pulls into the center lane and slows down, she gets behind him, then he takes off again. So he saw her and chose to ignore.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes i am. Where i come from you dont act like serpico you help your fellow cop out no matter what it takes to ensure nothing happens to your fellow officer. I guess there are only a few departments that still believe in that.

Where do you draw the line at? I can see maybe the lines getting skewed if it is in the best interest of the officer or public safety, like saying you arent sure you didnt see, keeping your mouth shut about entrapment, etc. If this guy were beating his wife, should brotherhood be considered? If he was dumping a body in a dumpster should a brother look away?

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes i am. Where i come from you dont act like serpico you help your fellow cop out no matter what it takes to ensure nothing happens to your fellow officer. I guess there are only a few departments that still believe in that.
Are you implying that police officer's should be held to a lower standard and should not be required by fellow officers to abide by the same laws the rest of us are? That is not exactly the way to gain respect from the general public for your profession. This HiPo may have saved someone's life and you are upset by it. I think she had every right to be pissed and handled herself very well.

I realize there is an unwritten code but you've got to be kidding me on this one. That police officer put his entire department at risk by driving that way (especially off duty) in a patrol car. Can you imagine the fallout if he had lost control, totalled the car and/or injured an innocent motorist? Frankly, I don't have an issue with one officer letting another slide on a ticket if they're going 15 or 20 over. It is a perk of the job. In this case, we are talking about a whole different scenario. It sounds to me like you are implying that the brotherhood should apply without any boundaries. I'm pretty sure that is what created the environment Serpico dealt with in the first place. I think that is a dangerous attitude.

This guy got a slap on the wrist. I am sure his boss called the lady officer's boss. I hope he is dealt with internally though and learns his lesson. I wouldn't advocate the guy getting fired but this was a bonehead move.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow. So much for being a nation of laws and not men, equal protection under the law, etc. Personally, I find it reassuring that the female officer determined that protecting innocent motorists (you know, the people that pay her salary) from a potentially dangerous situation was a higher priority than helping a brother out.

Your comments on this thread exemplify corruption perfectly.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sucks for him, even being an ex-LE myself, I understand what she did, an don't blame her one bit. As to what his department may do to him is their call, and wouldn't surprise me if his department threw the book at him over this. I've seen LE get fired over less!

There are very few times that an officer should be driving that fast, an it usually would mean running with all bell's an whistle's going!!

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not a surprising attitude. We see it in all walks of life, but it does seem to be more prevalent in government. You only have to look at the recent Fast and Furious scandal to see that the government sets different standards for itself. Look how Congress tries protect its own members when laws are broken.

What I do not understand is why the huge outcry from government when private citizens announce they will follow the same policy of not turning in their own. When neighborhoods refuse to cooperate with the law by not testifying against their own.

Michael

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would a normal person be arrested for going 120 in what I'd suspect was a 70mph zone? 50 over get you a trip down town?

Depends on the circumstances at the time. It could range from a warning to arrest, depending on the facts at hand, individual officer and dept. policy. Some jurisdictions require an appearance before the court for certain traffic offenses. Some can be paid with a fine but others require time served, community service, traffic school, etc. We don't know what the friction levels between FHP & MPD are, which may have some bearing in this case. There are a near infinite number of variables, which is why it's not a good idea to generalize on whether someone would or would not recieve a citation or get arrested for "X", when variables "A-W" are not accounted for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom