Might need to get started in the bow market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXtransplant

New to the site!
Reaction score
you also know they opened up crossbows to everyone as of July.you can get in a crossbow setup for around 4 to 5 hundred mabey even a little cheaper.

I say that if your not HANDICAPPED then leave the bowhunting to us bowhunters that can archery hunt without the use of a crossbow. I really hated to see the new law change for crossbows. Archery is what separated us bow hunters from gun hunters. I am sure there are going to be a lot of gun hunters out there that think that all they have to do is buy a crossbow and head to the field. If you think hunting is dangerous now, just wait and see.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use all my vacation between oct 1 and jan 15th... hahaha.. My wife knows she can get me to do anything the rest of the year, but if its MY 4 months I will be busy if im not at work..

I used to do the same thing. Save up all my vacation and holiday time off, and spend a month or better in the woods. You can see a lot of things that way and really get back to nature.

Not too good for the home life though. :D

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that if your not HANDICAPPED then leave the bowhunting to us bowhunters that can archery hunt without the use of a crossbow. I really hated to see the new law change for crossbows. Archery is what separated us bow hunters from gun hunters. I am sure there are going to be a lot of gun hunters out there that think that all they have to do is buy a crossbow and head to the field. If you think hunting is dangerous now, just wait and see.

This is one thing that concerns me.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one thing that concerns me.

+100%

There should be an xbow season that runs from muzzy to gun and thats it... I really see no difference between a muzzy and xbow except you get a bit longer range with the muzzy. You can get them bolts out to 75+ yards and more.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/products/archery/crossbows/performance.html

I do however doubt that many gun hunters will stick with xbows after a season or two. Its one thing to gun hunt 75+ yards, but its something entirely different to get within 20-30 yards that will be needed for ANY new bow or xbow hunter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

+100%

There should be an xbow season that runs from muzzy to gun and thats it... I really see no difference between a muzzy and xbow except you get a bit longer range with the muzzy. You can get them bolts out to 75+ yards and more.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/products/archery/crossbows/performance.html

I do however doubt that many gun hunters will stick with xbows after a season or two. Its one thing to gun hunt 75+ yards, but its something entirely different to get within 20-30 yards that will be needed for ANY new bow or xbow hunter.

There are people that can hit a target accuratly at 100 yds with a vertical bow. But! 99.999% of hunters will take a shot with an Xbow at the same distance they would have used a vertical bow to shoot at.
Truth be known, the Xbow with less shaft/broadhead weight does not shoot as "flat" as a verticle bow. May be faster leaving the Xbow, but its slower at longer ranges.
Its all about kenetic energy and gravity. Mother nature, and physics rule:D
Its harder to get around in the woods, etc, etc.

I'm betting the folks that shoot recurve blasted the new compound bows, and in some states still do.
Its all about getting people into the woods, and I can assure you there will be a few more in the woods, but not many.
Mostly the disabled bow hunters finally finding a way to get back into the woods.

Feel free to discuss:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom