Military brass not worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have loaded hundreds of 30.06 military and with the right equipment it is pretty easy to remove the crimp. Either swagging or reaming works, though with reaming you might need to touch up a few, but on the whole it makes seating the new primer easier then swagging.

As for 9mm, I save all the military 9mm brass I end up with for my own use. Some people prefer not to mess with it and leave it laying or trade it off, so I get good once fired brass for my reloads. :D

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread reminds me I have 3k 5.56 LC brass to process. :(

Dustin hasn't had it that bad. It is all over at my house waiting on processing it all. It is all being processed here and he doesn't have to help clean it since I clean the brass using
stainless steel media and water/detergent/lemishine combo. He even gets the benefit of me having a Giraud trimmer to trim/chamfer/deburr the brass. We just finished up depriming and swagging the brass. One batch to go through the cleaning process. Then on to full length resize and trimming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom