Military Service Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your military experience?

• No, never tried.

Votes: 75 28.7%
  • No, but I tried and wasn't accepted.

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Yes, I am still active

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Yes, I served my country.

Votes: 146 55.9%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1978-1987- 67N UH-1H Crew Chief Honduras and other neighboring countries.
1989-1990- Navy Reserve AD2 Loadmaster C-9. Desert Storm, Desert Shield
1990-2000 Air National Guard Loadmaster C-130. Bosinia, Panama and numerous disaster relief missions.
1983-2003 Tinker Depot Maintenance KC-135 (my real job)
2003-Present ANG Airfield Management and Airlift Control Flight full time technician (easier to make this my real job than juggle two jobs) Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Afganistan and several relief missions.

ONE WEEKEND A MONTH MY A$$!!!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted other. I wear the uniform every day to work, but I'm not technically military until UTA weekends or TDY's, so I didn't vote active, but I still wear the suit.
Let me tell you that you are serving just as much as anyone else in uniform. Lots of active duty guys never went in harms way, but we all (including you) were subject to being called at the convenience of the USG. I was active dury airforce, served in RVN 1968-69. I was one of the unusual airmen who never served on a base. We would go to a mountain top and set up radar to ground direct B-52s. Our operation was called Operation Combat Skyspot and the missions were referred to as ARC Light mission because of the bomb flashes. I got bathed in Agent Orange and have multiple health problems related directly to the dioxins there. Enough that I have a hundred percent disability from it. Do I regret serving? HELL NO! I thought I was defending my country by going. Found out later how much they lied to us though.. I will still defend out country if needed. Blitzfike

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
USAF - Retired - 1967/1990 (Me)

USAF - Retired - 1972/1996 (My Wife)

We have been married for 37+ Years. :)

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1966 President Johnson chose me as an 'US'. Basic at Fort Polk, AIT at another part of Polk. 27 months after sworn in, I promised I wouldn't bother the Army if they wouldn't bother me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom