Mini-splits HVAC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm eyeballing these things for the whole house when my central finally gives it up. I really like the idea of being able to dial in each individual room (bedrooms especially) to a temp. What I don't really get is how this would heat and cool the smaller rooms in the house that wouldn't have an air handler. I wonder if there is some type of ventilation fan that circulates the air from the say living room to a bathroom?

I'm just having a hard time envisioning how it would work for the whole house. Anyone have any experience with them? They appear to be efficient, you get rid of the ducts, room by room zones and even the Mr. Cool DIY ones have a ceiling cassette option for the air handler now.

Any brainstorming fodder is appreciated.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Multizone mini-splits
Yeah, but you aren't putting an air handler in normal bathrooms and closets or for that matter in a breakfast nook off a kitchen, I don't think. Seems like there would have to be some type of cross room ventilation involved. Or these things simply don't make much sense for a fairly chopped up house.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but you aren't putting an air handler in normal bathrooms and closets or for that matter in a breakfast nook off a kitchen, I don't think. Seems like there would have to be some type of cross room ventilation involved. Or these things simply don't make much sense for a fairly chopped up house.
Absolutely mini splits don’t make sense for many applications

Latest posts

Top Bottom