Mishap on the home front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewithwind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an incident on the home front. Have my 1911 on a shelf, full mag without a round chambered. Bad situation guy comming at me with a knife, got a hold of my left upper arm. Grabbed my 1911 off the shelf, racked it and didn't feed correctly, re-rack and fed...gave him just enough time to see what was about to happen...now waiting to be served, with arm in sling, to take the witness stand to his charge "Assault with a deadly weapon in the presents of a minor." Didn't get the chance to go bang, just goes to show, be better prepared. (wife and I had agreed up to that point not to have a round in the tube just incase the kids decided to climb in daddys play pen...hind sight 20/20 corrective action has been taken. And the prayer is in to never be faced in such a position again...but just in case)
:doh: Who would have though a knife would come out on top of a gun fight :slap:

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad everything turned out the way it did. It could have been a totally different ending to this. Im sure you already know this but next time someone takes your gun and it jams, you take the SOB. :nutkick:

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take it you will be a witness against the knife wielding attacker? A bit of advice - don't post anymore about the facts of the case until after the charges are resolved. Just in case you make some inconsistent statements.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After this is all over and done with I'd like to hear more.

Like this was inside your home correct?
Time of day, which town, those kind of things.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
years ago they did a test between a man with a knife and a man with a holstered gun, They set the 2 persons 20 feet apart and when the whistle blew they went into attack and defense mode, The man with the knife consistently beat the man to the draw, meaning the guy with the knife could get to the guy with the holstered weapon before he could get the gun out and shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom