Mishap on the home front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DA can use anything you say in here against you, Please do not add anymore.

Oh good lord people, you guys act like he shot the fool,

Tell us allll about it. You CAN pull a gun on someone in your hom,e that is charging you with a knife.

You are a better man than me, right after that round chambered that hammer would have dropped.

Train more man. that FTF could have gotten you killed!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
years ago they did a test between a man with a knife and a man with a holstered gun, They set the 2 persons 20 feet apart and when the whistle blew they went into attack and defense mode, The man with the knife consistently beat the man to the draw, meaning the guy with the knife could get to the guy with the holstered weapon before he could get the gun out and shot.

This is called the Tueller Drill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock Safe Action for the win.
Though I keeps guns throughout the place, I still carry at home. Drives my wife insane, but should something like this happen, time seemed to make all the difference.

Glad you're okay.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmkay. I keep mine without a round in the chamber until I go to sleep. Then, I lock the slide back. All I have to do is either tug on the slide or hit the life stop lever. Ready to do. But I have an XD. With my old 1911, I left it cocked and locked.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 yards seems pretty far to me. I think the "quickness of draw" would be heavily dependant on holster selection. Anything with a snap or retainer system and I could easily see this being true.

All my carry rigs are strictly friction retain only.

Glad you are OK and things didn't go differently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom