Mishap on the home front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MMM 21 feet ..thats 7 yards....thats 7 steps= about 2.1 seconds = the average draw
a 4.4-40 is really fast....; )
Glad your Ok

On this note, some defensive training would help too.
Take some basic Tae Kwon Do. It teaches you a core set of defense techniques which would play into this area. A great technique for this would be to use the persons energy against them. As they charge you, you center your mass and when they are one step away, in a fluid motion step to the outside, grab the wrist and rotate your body insuch a manner as you force their arm to rotate with the palm facing up. This naturally causes the hand to open and to immobilize their hand and arm. They will drop the knife and you have full control. You can continue to roll the arm in the "police method" to lock it behind their back and then perform a take down.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take some basic Tae Kwon Do. It teaches you a core set of defense techniques which would play into this area. A great technique for this would be to use the persons energy against them. As they charge you, you center your mass and when they are one step away, in a fluid motion step to the outside, grab the wrist and rotate your body insuch a manner as you force their arm to rotate with the palm facing up. This naturally causes the hand to open and to immobilize their hand and arm. They will drop the knife and you have full control. You can continue to roll the arm in the "police method" to lock it behind their back and then perform a take down.
I invite you to try this move on me while i attack you with a knife,I promise i'll cut you to doll rags and I aint even good with a knife

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I invite you to try this move on me while i attack you with a knife,I promise i'll cut you to doll rags and I aint even good with a knife

No, because your knife will not penetrate my body armor and while you are trying to stab me, I will hit you with a palm strike in the nose, instantly driving bone fragments into your brain, while continuing my turn, drawing off hand out of my holster, racking the slide one handed on my leg, and firing the fatal round into your cerebral cortex.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, because your knife will not penetrate my body armor and while you are trying to stab me, I will hit you with a palm strike in the nose, instantly driving bone fragments into your brain, while continuing my turn, drawing off hand out of my holster, racking the slide one handed on my leg, and firing the fatal round into your cerebral cortex.
thats about as believable

ps your body armor doesn't cover your wrists or neck

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats about as believable

ps your body armor doesn't cover your wrists or neck

Silly Internet Warrior..... I bought the chain mail headpiece that was in the classifieds, and wear it under my SWAT helmet, it has a piece that hangs down the neck. Of course, I wear Kevlar gloves that cover my wrists as well!!

Or dinger. :)

Hey, I don't fight fair!

I wear a titanium cup..... :wink2:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silly Internet Warrior..... I bought the chain mail headpiece that was in the classifieds, and wear it under my SWAT helmet, it has a piece that hangs down the neck. Of course, I wear Kevlar gloves that cover my wrists as well!!

I stand corrected:lmfao:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Kirk is that you?

Might want to add a spall shield.

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n261_bettingpython_rsupertroopers2.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n261_bettingpython_Super_Troopers_thumb.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom