Mishap on the home front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really not sure WTF to believe anymore - all these threads - what is real and what is BS. Frankly if it is all of you making fun of someone - it really shows the maturity level of some people on here. If it truly did happen then different story.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awrotemeamanual.files.wordpress.com_2010_01_high_horse.jpg

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my a pair of XDs, one for me and my old lady and have always had them unchambered from now on thats going to be different.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On this note, some defensive training would help too.
Take some basic Tae Kwon Do. It teaches you a core set of defense techniques which would play into this area. A great technique for this would be to use the persons energy against them. As they charge you, you center your mass and when they are one step away, in a fluid motion step to the outside, grab the wrist and rotate your body insuch a manner as you force their arm to rotate with the palm facing up. This naturally causes the hand to open and to immobilize their hand and arm. They will drop the knife and you have full control. You can continue to roll the arm in the "police method" to lock it behind their back and then perform a take down.

Riiiiight. First off, when recommending a self defense MA, I couldn't suggest tae kwon do without feeling guilty. Second off, trying what you just describes is a nice way to get yourself evicerated.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also carry at home. I live in Concord, NH. A small town of 80,000 or so and the state Capitol. In the past year there have been 4 armed robberies within a 5 block radius of our home. Also at least a half-dozen home invasions.
Last week a home invasion in the area was foiled when the homeowner fought back while armed with a screwdriver and a mug of coffee and chased off a young idiot who had a knife. The invader is in Police custody.
Last week in a town nearby a 21 yom. invaded the home of an 82 yom and kidnapped and tortured the man for hours. The homeowner is a retired phone lineman. Somehow the 21 yom is now dead as a result of a GSW to the head and the homeowner was just released from the hospital. I believe in being prepared and these lessons are a caution to all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom