Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Capo said:
I'm voting for Obama for the same reason I voted for Bush 2, because i weathered the first four and the current alternative sucks. (IMO) i dont feel Romney has the balls or willing to risk the fallout to make the necessary changes this country needs. Neither does Obama btw.

This is one of the most disappointing things I have ever read. A vote for Obama is a nail in the coffin of Constitutional rights. I pray you will reconsider. Romney is not the best out there but compared to Obama he is far superior.

Sam Anderson

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since 2010 the GOP House has voted away more Constitutionally-protected rights than the Democrats have since 2006. Why should a Reagan-conservative like Romney be trusted more than the current "Reagan-conservatives" we have?

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Romney, at least publicly, stands with the NRA in support of the 2nd Amendment rights we currently enjoy. Obama has publicly stated, and consistently demonstrated prior to being POTUS, that he supports strong gun control. We lose our 2A rights you can count on all other rights being infringed as well. The only reason he has not aggressively attacked our 2A rights as POTUS is because he knew he wouldn't stand a chance of re-election. A 2nd term is a game changer in many areas. Don't forget he already told the Russians to wait until his 2nd term and then he will have more latitude. I personally don't want to see what he has in store for us.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that Romney, if compelled, will ensure our 2A rights are intact.

I believe that Obama, with nothing to lose, will sell us down the river.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't reason with them ,like I said early there is noway you can support the second amendment or care anything about our country and vote democrat
This is one of the most disappointing things I have ever read. A vote for Obama is a nail in the coffin of Constitutional rights. I pray you will reconsider. Romney is not the best out there but compared to Obama he is far superior.

Sam Anderson

C

Clay

I believe that Romney, if compelled, will ensure our 2A rights are intact.

I believe that Obama, with nothing to lose, will sell us down the river.
DC doesnt want us to have our guns in general I dont think. They want ultimate control and as long as we have an arsenal, we hold some control. I dont think Mitt will hesitate to bring similar control like what he did in Mass. He will wait till a second term though.
Obama will begin such control measures in Nov. if hes re-electd.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Romney, at least publicly, stands with the NRA in support of the 2nd Amendment rights we currently enjoy.

Which is it? In support of the Second Amendment, or in support of the NRA? The two options are mutually exclusive.

Obama has publicly stated, and consistently demonstrated prior to being POTUS, that he supports strong gun control.

Romney, like Reagan, also has a solid record supporting gun control.

You can't reason with them ,like I said early there is noway you can support the second amendment or care anything about our country and vote democrat

Not even for a Board Member of the NRA?

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While in office, Governor Romney supported the Brady bill and a waiting period because it was necessary to complete a background check. More recently, he has stated that with the advent of instant background checks, a waiting period is no longer required.

He stated that his views did not line up with the NRA. After initiating his Presidential campaign in 2007, Governor Romney joined the NRA with a lifetime membership. He asserted in a taped speech that he supported second amendment rights for all legal purposes, including the common defense.

In 2004, the federal ban on assault weapons expired. Before that happened, Governor Romney signed a bill to permanently ban assault weapons in Massachusetts. That same legislation also extended the term of a firearm identification card and a license to carry firearms from four years to six years, granted a 90-day grace period for holders of firearm identification cards and licenses to carry who have applied for renewal, and created a seven-member Firearm License Review Board to review firearm license applications that have been denied. Governor Romney later stated that the legislation was good overall for firearms owners because of these provisions. During the discussion over the ban, Governor Romney stated that assault weapons were not for hunting or self defense, but were instruments of destruction.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the 2008 presidential campaign, the National Rifle Assn. spent millions of dollars on political ads claiming that Democratic candidate Barack Obama was out to take Americans' guns away; one typical ploy was an NRA website, called GunBanObama.org, whose banner headline read, "Obama would be the most anti-gun president in American history." In the wake of Obama's election, gun sales soared and ammunition prices skyrocketed as consumers stockpiled bullets in preparation for a war on gun rights that never happened.

I have no clue what Obama has secretly has planned to betray America, but I also don't plan to get my information from NRA either.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, you guys go ahead and support Obama for his 2nd term where he won't be held accountable for any further elections. He has stated that he wants to ban semi-auto rifles and all hand guns. Go ahead if you want to take that chance. Hey, I am not a Romney fanboy but I'll be damned if I would ever vote for Obama or note vote against him. Stop and think about the consequences of each winning the election.

Sam Anderson

Latest posts

Top Bottom