more likely to be convicted if using AR15 for home defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Young man in Tulsa whacked 3 teenagers a few years ago in a burglary. He wasn't even charged. There's instance after instance where the home owner has used an AR or even an AK and hasn't been charged.

In states with strong castle and stand-your-ground laws I don't think the type of weapon matters in the slightest as long as it's a legal weapon.

That may be true in some states...I doubt there's anything to worry about here. I won't be putting my rifle back in the safe any time soon...

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no doubt that in a lot of states this would hold true. The prosecutor would portray you as using a weapon of war and were looking for the chance to use it on someone. I don't feel that would be the case in OK. If it is determined to be a good shoot, you face no legal jeopardy of a civil trial for wrongful death.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my ARs are too nice to be put in an evidence locker if used in a defensive situation. Handgun w/ WML all the way.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree it's not likely to be a problem in OK, but Tulsa and even OKC are getting more blue all the time.
I can't afford to go buy a mini 14 just because, so if I had an evil AR15, I would be using it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good shoot is a good shoot regardless of weapon platform.

You would think so, and in OUR world, it is. But for some strange and twisted ideology, the typical sheep thinks a lawyer is smarter than the average Joe. And he will convince the typical juror that an AR-15 is "more lethal" than say a bolt action type of hunting rifle.

The same way with an LEO's sidearm. We are instructed and highly encouraged to keep our duty weapons in their stock, out of the box condition, rather than doing any type of custom enhancements to it, hence, making the service weapon "more lethal."

Which we all know is a big ol' stinking crock of bullsheet.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened with the newer and popular RDS and WML condition duty weapons in use by so many cops today.

Hell, I knew an officer once upon a time who carried a Beretta 92F on duty instead of a Glock, because his theory was that the Beretta had more public acceptance from the people over the Glock, because of it's more classic curves and visual design. It wasn't quite as nasty and tactical looking as the Glock.

Kinda like if you're at the workplace and a fellow employee asks if you have a pocket knife. You pull out a SAK with it's simple and utilitarian look, they're alright with it. Some may even call it "cute."

But haul out a Spyderco PM2 or (God forbid) a Microtech OTF and give it a good thumb flick or spring it into action, and watch em squirm.

:yikes2:

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would think so, and in OUR world, it is. But for some strange and twisted ideology, the typical sheep thinks a lawyer is smarter than the average Joe. And he will convince the typical juror that an AR-15 is "more lethal" than say a bolt action type of hunting rifle.

The same way with an LEO's sidearm. We are instructed and highly encouraged to keep our duty weapons in their stock, out of the box condition, rather than doing any type of custom enhancements to it, hence, making the service weapon "more lethal."

Which we all know is a big ol' stinking crock of bullsheet.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened with the newer and popular RDS and WML condition duty weapons in use by so many cops today.

Hell, I knew an officer once upon a time who carried a Beretta 92F on duty instead of a Glock, because his theory was that the Beretta had more public acceptance from the people over the Glock, because of it's more classic curves and visual design. It wasn't quite as nasty and tactical looking as the Glock.

Kinda like if you're at the workplace and a fellow employee asks if you have a pocket knife. You pull out a SAK with it's simple and utilitarian look, they're alright with it. Some may even call it "cute."

But haul out a Spyderco PM2 or (God forbid) a Microtech OTF and give it a good thumb flick or spring it into action, and watch em squirm.

:yikes2:
The other day I was helping out some friends box up some stuff for moving. We needed to cut the tape so someone said anyone got a knife. I whipped out my Boker Kalashnikov XXL auto and got some interesting expressions on their faces. Yes, I know it was overkill just to cut some tape, but it's what I carry most every day so that's what got used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom