more likely to be convicted if using AR15 for home defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Young man in Tulsa whacked 3 teenagers a few years ago in a burglary. He wasn't even charged. There's instance after instance where the home owner has used an AR or even an AK and hasn't been charged.

In states with strong castle and stand-your-ground laws I don't think the type of weapon matters in the slightest as long as it's a legal weapon.

That may be true in some states...I doubt there's anything to worry about here. I won't be putting my rifle back in the safe any time soon...
I remember that. The getaway driver went down for murder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/broken-arrow-ok-home-invasion-shooting/1833114/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'll retire my AR and take up the 30-06 Rem 742 semi auto as a home defense weapon with its beautiful walnut stock and checkering that will blow your lungs out the back side using the right bullet.
But that will be acceptable in a court of law vs the AR with a smaller caliber?
Any dipshat that gets a lawyer that can't argue an AR is a less lethal weapon vs a larger caliber hunting rifle needs to go to the slammer.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'll retire my AR and take up the 30-06 Rem 742 semi auto as a home defense weapon with its beautiful walnut stock and checkering that will blow your lungs out the back side using the right bullet.
But that will be acceptable in a court of law vs the AR with a smaller caliber?
Any dipshat that gets a lawyer that can't argue an AR is a less lethal weapon vs a larger caliber hunting rifle needs to go to the slammer.
Yeah I don't get the whole AR evil for home defense. A Remington 870 loaded with Pheasant, Buck Shot, Slug, Buck Shot x2, which is my go to, is really more horrible than my AR.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to studies and mock trials this guy references. He says one option might be to use a mini 14.
Something to think about.

The late Marine COL Jeff Cooper noted, "One of the notable aspects of the democratic process is that one need not know anything about a subject in order to pass laws about it." Likewise, a juror can convict regarding circumstances of which they know nothing, only "feeling" driving their judgment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom