Mornin' everbody!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mornin' everbody. Kind of a sad day today. A long-time neighbor and friend passed away early this morning. It wasn't unexpected, they had been in poor health for some time. But it really brings up the point of how the neighborhood is changing.

Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis for October 08, 2023​

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for October 08, 2023

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. This neighborhood is NOTHING like what it was when I moved in. I'm rapidly becoming the old lady here. I think there's only 2 gals older than me on this block now. Everybody else is younger.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mornin' everbody. Well, it's the start of a new week. Like that mean it's any different from last week. Make the best of it.

The Born Loser by Art and Chip Sansom for October 09, 2023​

The Born Loser Comic Strip for October 09, 2023

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mornin' everbody. Just waiting on the final part of my IBEW retirement to go through..............finally. After all the paperwork screwups, it will be nice not to have deal with them anymore.

Next Door Neighbors by Pat Sandy for October 10, 2023​

Next Door Neighbors Comic Strip for October 10, 2023

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mornin' everbody. Just waiting on the final part of my IBEW retirement to go through..............finally. After all the paperwork screwups, it will be nice not to have deal with them anymore.

Next Door Neighbors by Pat Sandy for October 10, 2023​

Next Door Neighbors Comic Strip for October 10, 2023

When Grumpy retired we went down to OLERS to get his paperwork done. The gal behind the desk said "And Michelle is to get your benefits if you pass before her, is that correct?" 😳 That's all fine and dandy except MY name is NOT Michelle. That's his ex-'s name. So ... For the 15 years we had been married at that point if anything had happened to him she would have gotten his LE benefits. I remember him telling me he took care of all that when we got married. Now you know why I am the Minister of Finance around here. Lol And knowing what I know about that office and my husband there is no telling who screwed up. 🙄🙄🙄 It's just better if I take care of it ... Whatever it is ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To add to the above comment I made, seriously, be sure to find something to do. I've known of too many that retired and sat at home watching TV that didn't seem to live very long after their retirement.

In our case, it began with traveling in our RV (20 months in Colorado, 17 months in Oregon, and 9 months in Utah) where in we got to go see and photograph a lot of sites. After that and deciding to stay in OK, we had the opportunity to take up the offer to do our Summer jobs that lets us still continue to see new country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom