Most Memorable Pro Heavyweight Boxing Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always liked watching the big heavyweights slug it out. What is the most memorable match you have seen? For me, it's gotta be when Tyson took a chomp out of Holyfield's ear.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hard to beat the drama with Tyson-Holyfield.

I would have to say there were a quite a few great slugfest fights ... Probably any fight with Ali, Frazier or Foreman were classics.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a little kid growing up in the 70s I spent all of my Saturdays watching sports if I wasnt playing sports, boxing was my fave sport- and the heavyweight bouts were always my faves. Best old skool fights were any Hearns fight but also the big boys. Foreman was my fave old skool fighter. As a major boxing and martial arts fan today who goes to alot of pro fights and as an ex-boxer and martial artist myself most of my favorite fights are still happening. Klitschko is my fave heavyweight fighter modern times and I didnt like it when Fury won by decision their last fight. Now he has to fight Joshua in April to get back to fighting for his belts. Im starting to come around to Deontay Wilder too, his last fights have been greats. As far as my favorite heavyweight fighter of all time tho- Tyson- my fave fight of his would have to be when Buster knocked his azz out. Mikes my guy, but he Fd up. None of his classic 1st round knockouts or even biting Holyfields ear were as sweet as seeing him lose. It showed me he was human, because before that IMO he was super human.

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one where tyson just came out of prison and knocked the guy out in less than two minutes. Never forget it nor the complaints for a few years afterwards about the money spent on pay per view to watch a 90 second fight and an hour of commentary about it. The total sales was over 60 million or about 666,666.67 dollars a second for the fight.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was Michael Moorer vs Terrence Lewis. I had a buddy hook me up for my birthday. We sat in the third row. I sat in the seat next to Judge Mills Lane and Teddy Atlas was in the seat next to him. Moorer got caught with a gut shot. He made a groan and then beat the hell out of Lewis in a rage. lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clay/Liston 1

I almost said this one! It was like the beginning of the reign of the "Greatest". Nobody could ran his mouth like "The Louisville Lip". Clay would talk so much crap and get everybody all fired up, whether you were for him or against him. He darn sure sold out the venues though. Nobody ever saw the rope-a-dope before then. Or how about when he'd do that goofy wind up and then sure as hell knock the be-Jeebus outta whoever it happened to be? And, he beat Sonny Liston bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom