Movies on Hallowe'en

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a tradition of watching certaiin movies on the eve of All-Hallows Day?

Here's some I try to watch:

The Hills Have Eyes

Count Dracula

House of Wax

The House on Haunted Hill

The Stand

Except for THHE, all of these are the original movies not the re-makes. Count Dracula is a 1977 effort from the BBC and the acting there is superb. It the most faithful Dracula film I have ever seen.

Anyone else?

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Halloweeny is just another day around here since I have no kids at home. My house is inside a chain-link fence on a country dirt road and sits 100 yards or so off the road. We don't even get Trick or Treaters :(

As for the movies, I've never gotten into the scary movies so no traditions there either.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG, YES!! I love the old old Dracula movies!! Frankenstein was okay but the black and white Dracula is my favorite!
The 1977 BBC effort mentioned in the OP was my favorite Dracula. Not only was the acting superb, the script also followed the story in the book quite closely as well. This might surprise a lot of folks who know who he was, but Louis Jourdan did surprisingly well as the evil Count.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the night before but at least the two weeks leading up to Halloween.
This year....

Bettlejuice
The Crow
Young Frankenstein
Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Nightmare Before Christmas
Halloween (the original)
The Shining
Rocky Horror Picture Show

Wife goes nuts around the house.... it's not Christmas but it's closer than any other holiday.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clockwork Orange looped to play 24/7 from the 29th-1st.....

You know I have NEVER seen Clockwork Orange all the wah through?? I dunno what the deal is but that movie triggers me BAD. The old man LOVES it. I have to go to my sewing room, shut the door, turn on some music and drown out the tv with the sewing machine. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom