Movies on Hallowe'en

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I have NEVER seen Clockwork Orange all the wah through?? I dunno what the deal is but that movie triggers me BAD. The old man LOVES it. I have to go to my sewing room, shut the door, turn on some music and drown out the tv with the sewing machine. Lol
I have watched it all the way through and I didn't care all that much for it.

Kubrick has been hit-and-miss with me. I enjoyed Spartacus, Paths of Glory and thought that Dr Strangelove was a brilliant black comedy (one of my favorite films, in fact) but I have also been very disappointed in some of his films. 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, and--please, no axes and pitchforks!!--The Shining fall into this category. Eyes Wide Shut's chief attraction seemed to be the abundant female nudity and while I enjoyed the eye candy the film provided, I have yet to really figure it out.

Last edited:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I have NEVER seen Clockwork Orange all the wah through?? I dunno what the deal is but that movie triggers me BAD. The old man LOVES it. I have to go to my sewing room, shut the door, turn on some music and drown out the tv with the sewing machine. Lol

I've never even heard of this movie.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never even heard of this movie.

Dave beat me to it. Generally speaking movies don't affect me much but this one makes my skin crawl. I can't even tell you why. I might try to watch it again and see if I can figure out what the deal is. I haven't seen it in a few years now. Everyonceinawhile the old man will find it on tv but he just scrolls on past it. He says he liked it. Which is weird, too. He's not usually into that kind of stuff. Odd. I might ask him why he liked it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave beat me to it. Generally speaking movies don't affect me much but this one makes my skin crawl. I can't even tell you why. I might try to watch it again and see if I can figure out what the deal is. I haven't seen it in a few years now. Everyonceinawhile the old man will find it on tv but he just scrolls on past it. He says he liked it. Which is weird, too. He's not usually into that kind of stuff. Odd. I might ask him why he liked it.

21291808.gif

GREAT movie.... can't hear "Singing in the rain" without thinking about it.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this today. Looks like Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, is retiring from her day job (or would that be night job) doing live appearances at Knott's Berry Farm in California, with final shows on Halloween night.

After 21 years, Elvira says this will be her final live show at Knott’s Berry Farm
The Mistress of the Dark has announced this year’s Knott’s Berry Farm live performance will be her last

"...She told her mom at the age of 5 that she wanted to be the Queen of Halloween, and soon after “Movie Macabre” first aired in September 1981, her cult status took off."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/article181810916.html#storylink=cpy

Who can forget the classic horror films she hosted, like "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "They Saved Hitler's Brain" ??

^^^I kid, I kid.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched The Hills Have Eyes, the Stand and Count Dracula yesterday and the day before. I first saw Count Dracula almost forty years ago on the PBS station in Seattle. It remains my favorite vampire film.

Latest posts

Top Bottom