Moving Back to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick417

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 16 years, we've decided to move back home!

Yesterday was my last day of work and we close on our house on the 28th. I'll be taking the next couple weeks to pack/move, work on holster orders, and find a "day job". I had an interview this week in Tulsa (seemed to go well) and a couple more scheduled for Monday. If anyone knows of a good company in the Tulsa area in need of a Machinist, let me know.

Rick

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What field of work. Working lathes and mills, etc? Details?

The wifey and I always think about moving to OK (wife moving back, me for the first time permanently) but we both have great jobs and my wife make very good money. Lots of decisions would have to be made.

Rick417

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have experience with CNC lathes and mills.

There seems to be a lot of hiring going on right now, I am hoping to find a job with a good/stable company that will still be around when the current "boom" is over.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think you are qualified for a production supervisor position?

Would you be interested in being a maintenance technician?

Troubleshoot and repair electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. Candidate should be able to read blueprints and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics. Prefer experience with PLC, digital and microprocessor control systems. 5 year verifiable maintenance experience a huge plus.

Very stable company. Family owned, very profitable, been around 50 years.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What field of work. Working lathes and mills, etc? Details?

The wifey and I always think about moving to OK (wife moving back, me for the first time permanently) but we both have great jobs and my wife make very good money. Lots of decisions would have to be made.

The biggest decision is made for you. I moved from Orange County a few years ago and couldn't believe how cheap it was to live here! I live right by the fairgrounds in Tulsa... it's just like Costa Mesa for two weeks a year! One problem with living here, though.. no In-n-Out burgers... Parks... Parks? Aw, man, he fainted!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest decision is made for you. I moved from Orange County a few years ago and couldn't believe how cheap it was to live here! I live right by the fairgrounds in Tulsa... it's just like Costa Mesa for two weeks a year! One problem with living here, though.. no In-n-Out burgers... Parks... Parks? Aw, man, he fainted!

No to Hi Jack but. Ummmmmmm, In & Out Burger. Best ever. Anyways, the issue we have about moving back is that my inlaws are in their mid 60's and when they pass there is really not much other family on my wife's side
Eft in the OK area close by. I do have my brother family, aunt and uncle, cousin close by to us here not to mention my wife has become close with many of my longtime friends wives. You never know what will happen though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom