Mr. Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else on here happen to brew their own beer, I started back before thanksgiving with the Mr. Beer kit and have had a blast doing it. Just wanted to see if there were others out there who are using the Mr. Beer or home brewing another way. I was hoping to swap recipes and tips.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to brew with a kit a long time ago. Last year, I received a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas and brewed up a batch. I need to order some more supply now. It is very easy if you just follow the instructions.

I now have taken the next step and made three batches of home aid wine; blackberry, strawberry and peach-kiwi. It's fun but now sure how it's going to taste yet.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kits on the Mr Beer site are on a really good sale right now. I ordered the Junk Yard Dog IPA and 2 other kits for $41 shipped and saved around $40.

I love how easy it is to make the beer in it, and so far the two that I have bottled have been really good. I actually have 2 of the mr beer kegs so I run two kits staggered at any time which is nice.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered Cranberry Maibock which sounds like a good winter beer, but very strong at 9.5% alcohol.

A light, tangy ale that features crisp malt and tart fruit. It begins with a surprising tartness and ends with warmth. Reminiscent of a mulled wine, only better: it's beer!

RECIPE INCLUDES:

1 Cup Honey
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 Cans Whole Cranberry Sauce (pureed)
2 Whole Allspice Berries
1 Jar Orange Marmalade (10 oz.)

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Mr Beer thingy for Christmas last year and I'm pretty sure I brewed malt liquor lol. It was stout like a mother but it got you lit like you wouldn't believe. :smash:

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tranger2 I ordered that also. I am looking at a couple others and thinking about stocking up so I have a few months worth already on hand and don't have to wait for them to be shipped to me.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People laugh at those Mr. Beer kits, but the pointing and laughing are from those who've never tried a Mr. Beer beer. They're surprisingly delicious. I'm not sure I'd say they're better than a real deal home brewing kit, but for the price they're pretty damn awesome. Great learning tool, too!

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the fact that it does not require a full day of prep to get a brew started, and 2 gallons is just enough for me and if I feel generous enough to share some haha. I actually just placed a second order so at this point I have 6 total kits coming. The awesome thing about the kits is that they actually make better beer then some of the micro brews I have been to before. It's all about the prep and water that you use though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom