Mt. Lion Ruined Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locals ONLY

New to the site!
Reaction score
I smell all sorts of Troll now.... All these guys from Grants Co. come on and support Yaah with there 1 post and some rediculous handles and cring about "Out Of Towners"! Hell I didnt know that County had as many residents as this board shows :) Im sure no one west of I-35 ever came this way.... o wait i know tons of them that come and hammer all our Crappie holes.:pokeowned

Grant County is full of Local Landowners that are feed up with people coming into the area and treating private family owned farms like their private hunting grounds!

I don't know what you mean by a "Troll" but I would be more than happy to meet up with you next time you head to Grant Co. to go hunting and let you explain it. I can assure you that I am a real life local landowner living near Pond Creek, that has had his fill of out of area infringement.

You can keep all your Crappie, and feel free to run all the West of I-35 boys out of the public lakes. I hope you have better luck than we do stopping road hunters and trespassers on private property.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a story about a mountain lion. I was turkey hunting in colo and as I was manuvering to get a better shot at the turkey. 2 mt. lions came out of the bushes and #1 started to chase the turkey and lion #2 came around the evergreen tree I was hiding behind. Scared the crap out of me. Only difference is I fired 5-12ga shells and 6-357 shells in about 2 seconds. When the smoked cleared and the excitement died down a little I tracked the wounded cat down.
And he became a rug.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the GW for Grant Co. and he verified that mountain lions are being released right here in Grant Co. Contrary to popular belief it was not to control the whitetail deer population, but an even more insidious threat...THE OUT OF AREA HUNTERS THAT ARE RUINING GRANT COUNTY.

So for your own safety PLEASE PLEASE stay on the East side of I-35.

By the way praising someone for shooting a 4 point is fine, he was probably a local boy that was left hunting scraps after all the city boys got done shooting up the county.

I am proud to be a part of that release program. I've been keeping it secret, but since the "cat" is out of the bag, I was with the GW's today and we kicked out 5 males, and 8 females.

Secret breeding facility deep in the Grant county woods has produced these cats that have been bred to recognise tags from outside the county.

The state can no longer guarentee your safety!! Please heed the above warning!!

Locals ONLY

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am proud to be a part of that release program. I've been keeping it secret, but since the "cat" is out of the bag, I was with the GW's today and we kicked out 5 males, and 8 females.

Secret breeding facility deep in the Grant county woods has produced these cats that have been bred to recognise tags from outside the county.

The state can no longer guarentee your safety!! Please heed the above warning!!

It is true, we locals are so stand-offish in part because of the stress involved in maintaining the secret. The program has been wildly successful, due in no small part to the ridiculously high Mt. Goat populations here in Grant Co.

It pains me to admit it, no doubt this will cause another influx of trophy seekers, but Red Hill is being over run by Mt. Goats. As you can clearly see in the photo below the goats are eating our cattle feed at an alarming rate.

Not to worry our GW's have the situation well in hand. Also demonstrated below, with irrefutable photographic evidence. So go ahead and put your rifles back in your safe rooms over there in Broken Arrow. The Grant Co. GW has us well taken care of...he is good for a lot more than tearing up the cheetos!

Attachments

• MT goat.jpg
    MT goat.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 206
  • mt lion pair.jpg
    mt lion pair.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 229

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is true, we locals are so stand-offish in part because of the stress involved in maintaining the secret. The program has been wildly successful, due in no small part to the ridiculously high Mt. Goat populations here in Grant Co.

It pains me to admit it, no doubt this will cause another influx of trophy seekers, but Red Hill is being over run by Mt. Goats. As you can clearly see in the photo below the goats are eating our cattle feed at an alarming rate.

Not to worry our GW's have the situation well in hand. Also demonstrated below, with irrefutable photographic evidence. So go ahead and put your rifles back in your safe rooms over there in Broken Arrow. The Grant Co. GW has us well taken care of...he is good for a lot more than tearing up the cheetos!

Not to let any more "cats" out of the bag, but the Chupacabra sighting have been on the upswing lately....Keep your goats you posted in a safe area....they are at risk now!!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grant County is full of Local Landowners that are feed up with people coming into the area and treating private family owned farms like their private hunting grounds!

I don't know what you mean by a "Troll" but I would be more than happy to meet up with you next time you head to Grant Co. to go hunting and let you explain it. I can assure you that I am a real life local landowner living near Pond Creek, that has had his fill of out of area infringement.

You can keep all your Crappie, and feel free to run all the West of I-35 boys out of the public lakes. I hope you have better luck than we do stopping road hunters and trespassers on private property.

Well your local land owning buddies never seem to have a problem with the checks comming from a the other side of I-35... If yall are so fed up with it then why do u keep leasing your land to us, which by the way makes is my own private hunting ground legally! Now lets get this straight, i know poaching, road hunting, tresspassing, etc is bad out there but it is everywhere not just in Grant Co. As for me, ive never been on someones land i wasnt supposed to be nor drove around your property shootinng from the truck. Im not rich by no means, hell im a freaking machinist who works hords of overtime to give it all to u guys just so i can have a decent place to hunt. Then your going to throw it in my face cause i dont live in your town? Half the land owners in that county pay bills with money comming from guys like me and if it wasnt for that money they would be sleeping in the cold. As for a "troll" well it just basically means your not who u say u are (ex. someone with 2 accounts/names defending himself) and if your not well sorry u just kind of got caught up in the situation.

Yaah!! ...... Its good to know u got some fans but as for me, ive never really recieved any hate mail so i guess i havent really ticked anyone off that bad.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half the land owners in that county pay bills with money coming from guys like me and if it wasnt for that money they would be sleeping in the cold. .

Not trying to be confrontational, that is such total BS its not worth a reply.:laugh6:
well just one.
Most of the landowners farming thousands of acres with a half million + in equipment that lease out the hunting, are way far away from sleeping in the cold.
Your perception of the people in GC is way distorted.
I hope you realize what you are saying............... Those that don't have a thousands of acres usually have family hunting on them.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to be confrontational, that is such total BS its not worth a reply.:laugh6:
well just one.
Most of the landowners farming thousands of acres with a half million + in equipment that lease out the hunting, are way far away from sleeping in the cold.
Your perception of the people in GC is way distorted.
I hope you realize what you are saying............... Those that don't have a thousands of acres usually have family hunting on them.

i realize some are that way especially the big farmers and im not trying to argue as i have a great deal of respect for u and what u say on here... But most the guys we know and lease from arnt very well off and have relativelysmall places (a few qt sec or so) and we have been hurried many time to get them the money cause they are hurting til harvest or they get cattle sold, in fact one guy we used to hunt on just lost his house not to long ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom