Murder Charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the term "indian" was never intended to be offensive, it merely identified us as a people. However for the next 500 years Europeans attempted to commit genocide against us or destroy every part of our culture. When people, other than Indians, decided to take the next step and convince Indians they were not even an individual culture, but part of a larger America, it was one more step towards destroying our identity.
lastly, Indian would be either, depending on context. attempting to cause confusion is used for the same rest as above. However, "injun" is extremely offensive, the same using the "n" word towards a black, which several of the mods and owner of this forum believe is fine.

here we go all of the teenage girls jumping onboard to socially discredit my argument.

Dang. Seriously man, I don't think anybody here is trying to discredit anything, or offer any disrespect to either you or your heritage, but man you sure do seem awful sensitive about this whole thing. You know something? It's not my fault that Europeans attempted to commit genocide against Indians or "destroy your culture". And I think you're stretching it to say that some people here thinks the use of racist terms like injun or the N word is fine. But hey, if that's your view, well, I guess you can have it. Sad though that you seem so angry. You're honestly starting to sound like Dennis's buddy Ace here man. How about I suggest a book called "The Broken Spears: The Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico " by Miguel Leon-Portilla. It talks about the early history of the Americas from a different perspective, from the perspective of Indians. What I'm saying is that most history is written by the "winner". Or"1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus" by Charles C. Mann. Very insightful look at pre-Colombian America and the social structure of the inhabitants at that time. I'll mention one more for you off my shelf: "The Columbian Exchange: Biological and Cultural Consequences of 1492" by Alfred W. Crosby. That one is an eye opener!

Back in ancient history, when I was in grade school, we used to celebrate Columbus Day. Wonder why we don't anymore? Could it possibly be because we now seem to recognize that Columbus didn't actually "discover" anything but was instead, just a lost pirate facing imminent mutiny from a disgruntled crew? Was he just a poor seaman who accidentally instituted a change in the course of history by inadvertently stumbling onto land? Sure did lead to the flood of European invaders though huh? Sorry about that, but again, it's not my fault so lighten up okay?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not angry, I realize I am on a board designed for bunch of small minded rednecks, including myself. Just because I do not appreciate being insulted by said rednecks, with your southern thing, I am in the wrong. By the way, I have a History degree. Also, I like Dennis, he is good guy, just a little old and redneck. I have used pejoratives in the past and still do from time to time, but in mixed company I understand it can be offensive. Therefore, I refrain from using them. I do not feel the need to defend my every action.

Dang. Seriously man, I don't think anybody here is trying to discredit anything, or offer any disrespect to either you or your heritage, but man you sure do seem awful sensitive about this whole thing. You know something? It's not my fault that Europeans attempted to commit genocide against Indians or "destroy your culture". And I think you're stretching it to say that some people here thinks the use of racist terms like injun or the N word is fine. But hey, if that's your view, well, I guess you can have it. Sad though that you seem so angry. You're honestly starting to sound like Dennis's buddy Ace here man. How about I suggest a book called "The Broken Spears: The Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico " by Miguel Leon-Portilla. It talks about the early history of the Americas from a different perspective, from the perspective of Indians. What I'm saying is that most history is written by the "winner". Or"1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus" by Charles C. Mann. Very insightful look at pre-Colombian America and the social structure of the inhabitants at that time. I'll mention one more for you off my shelf: "The Columbian Exchange: Biological and Cultural Consequences of 1492" by Alfred W. Crosby. That one is an eye opener!

Back in ancient history, when I was in grade school, we used to celebrate Columbus Day. Wonder why we don't anymore? Could it possibly be because we now seem to recognize that Columbus didn't actually "discover" anything but was instead, just a lost pirate facing imminent mutiny from a disgruntled crew? Was he just a poor seaman who accidentally instituted a change in the course of history by inadvertently stumbling onto land? Sure did lead to the flood of European invaders though huh? Sorry about that, but again, it's not my fault so lighten up okay?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not you, that bassage jwryan. And get this: the shoe doesn't fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, when you defend someone else's racial view points and attempt to discredit someone to prove your friends are correct, you have the shoes on and and breaking them in.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, when you defend someone else's racial view points and attempt to discredit someone to prove your friends are correct, you have the shoes on and and breaking them in.

Man you seriously are taking this wrong! I'm out; go try to have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Metis.
It is a person of mixed Amerind/European descent.
And please don't refer to me as a redneck, as I am a transplanted New Englander. By accident of birth I am an African American (American born in Africa).
You may also refer to me as a mutt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom