Murder Charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the term "indian" was never intended to be offensive, it merely identified us as a people. However for the next 500 years Europeans attempted to commit genocide against us or destroy every part of our culture. When people, other than Indians, decided to take the next step and convince Indians they were not even an individual culture, but part of a larger America, it was one more step towards destroying our identity.
lastly, Indian would be either, depending on context. attempting to cause confusion is used for the same rest as above. However, "injun" is extremely offensive, the same using the "n" word towards a black, which several of the mods and owner of this forum believe is fine.

Well, I never knew the term injun was offensive. I always thought it was just kind of a "southern" thing...like how we tend to infuse words with slang. Seriously. But don't you think the Indian culture is being recognized more appropriately now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe we shouldn't take this thread any further off track but it is of interest to me. Sorry to derail.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I never knew the term injun was offensive. I always thought it was just kind of a "southern" thing...like how we tend to infuse words with slang. Seriously. But don't you think the Indian culture is being recognized more appropriately now?

Ronald Reagan gave a speech once about how it takes one generation to change an entire culture. our younger generation do not know or care about their heritage and embrace letting white people define who they are. Then you get Indians like tonykane1 who believe being insulted is fine and separate themselves from their culture, to get whites approval. by the way, the "n" word is a southern thing, too. as long as white culture is still attempting to define who we are, they are appropriate in anyway.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I need to do that DNA thing where you send off some saliva and they come back and tell you where you are "from"

I have no idea of my ethnic heritage or identity but have often wondered. I think I'm a Heinz 57. But hey; you know what? It doesn't matter really; none of us got to choose our ethnicity our gender etc. we just are.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister has published two hard back books of our family heritage. We have some Delaware Indian in our heritage.
We have basically British ancestors. I don't get offended when redcoats or Limey is used in a descriptor, nor am I offended when injun is used.
I don't have a thin skin.
Btw, are you 100% Indian?
What percentage are you on your tribal card?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the term "indian" was never intended to be offensive, it merely identified us as a people. However for the next 500 years Europeans attempted to commit genocide against us or destroy every part of our culture. When people, other than Indians, decided to take the next step and convince Indians they were not even an individual culture, but part of a larger America, it was one more step towards destroying our identity.
lastly, Indian would be either, depending on context. attempting to cause confusion is used for the same rest as above. However, "injun" is extremely offensive, the same using the "n" word towards a black, which several of the mods and owner of this forum believe is fine.
Speaking as "white Heinz 57 guy" with a very small amount of Indian blood, I've never heard Indian or Injun used in a derogatory manner. Maybe I was sheltered but I've lived in Oklahoma or Texas for 50 plus years. Like DruryJ said, I always thought Injun was just a southern thing.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister has published two hard back books of our family heritage. We have some Delaware Indian in our heritage.
We have basically British ancestors. I don't get offended when redcoats or Limey is used in a descriptor, nor am I offended when injun is used.
I don't have a thin skin.
Btw, are you 100% Indian?
What percentage are you on your tribal card?
its not a matter of thin skin, it is a matter of your racism at its truest point. if you believe asking if I am a full-blood as a way of discrediting my argument, then see the first line in my reply. its all good with me if you are a racist, along with your buddies, just say so. Or, do not attempt to defend your point.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its not a matter of thin skin, it is a matter of your racism at its truest point. if you believe asking if I am a full-blood as a way of discrediting my argument, then see the first line in my reply. its all good with me if you are a racist, along with your buddies, just say so. Or, do not attempt to defend your point.
You didn't answer my question. Are you 100% Indian?

Latest posts

Top Bottom