Muzzle Breaks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's impressive!! What kind of glass are you using? Do you shoot at a public range, or on private land? I would love to come watch you shoot.

metspitcher20

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you really want to know what I think? 400 yards,....15-20" of bullet drift in a 17mph constant wind from 3 o'clock. What was the focus point? Decent group for 100 yards; but at 400....if that rifle is consistant it's worth some $$$. :hithead: :anyone:

15-20...good guess. The wind blew it 13 inches at 400. But yeah this rifle is pretty consistent at 400. My focus point was bullseye. I didn't really care about the wind blowing my bullet away from bullseye. I was just looking for a group. But now I know with a 17 mph wind at 400 yards I have to hold 13 inches for wind.

metspitcher20

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW with that group you would win every benchrest match in Oklahoma!
You sure you didn't get that group confused with your 100y group??
Hell I'd buy that rifle for $3000 if you could show me your secret.

I don't really know how I would do in a copetition. I'm sure guys that shoot in those are pretty dang good. Yeah I shot that group right at 400 yards (rangefound) out of the back of my truck laying prone. After I shot I walked up to my target and could only see what looked like one hole. I was pissed. Then as I got closer I noticed that all 3 shots were touching. I had to take a picture of it. I could never sell this gun. It is one of the things I bought with my signing bonus and it is pretty special to me. There really is no secret to this gun. To be honest, everybody I know that has a pro hunter gets good results like this. My dad just bought one and his shoots better than mine. I honestly think it's the most accurate gun out of the box. Too bad it couldn't be bolt action.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your 600 yard groups that you think need work? I don't know how they can possibly be that bad if you are shooting sub one inch groups at 400.

metspitcher20

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your 600 yard groups that you think need work? I don't know how they can possibly be that bad if you are shooting sub one inch groups at 400.

No I don't actually. My groups at 600 really aren't that bad it's just that I am trying to do everything possible to make them smaller. I'm just obsessed with accuracy right now. I'm actually gonna try the berger vld bullets. The BC is higher on those and I hear they are supposed to be better down range. I am using Nosler ballistic tips right now. I want to try a BTHP. Those are supposed to be the most accurate bullets from what I read. Don't get me wrong I am pleased with the way my rifle is shooting I just think you can always be better. That's what makes it fun. There is always somebody out there better than you. I also know that .270s aren't known for their long range shooting but that's what I got for now and I am pleased with it. It's actually just a deer rifle. Another thing, when I shoot my rifle the barrel jumps up so bad, kinda like a pistol would, and after every shot my scope is completely off the target. I have to readjust my gun everytime to look back through the scope at the target. I know that can't be good for accuracy. That's why I am looking for muzzle breaks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom