Muzzleloader breech plug is plugged!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like that may damage the muzzleloader don’t you think?
If a primer (or percussion cap) actually damages the rifle, you have no business shooting the thing anyway. BUT! There are a bunch of things that can plug a small hole. Even a grain of sand, if the hole is small enough. If you have a set of picks, I'd try those first. Harbor Freight has a mini hook and pick set for $1.99, and larger/more expensive set. Try something like that. Or embed a sewing needle in a chunk of dowel, and use that to try to pick the blockage out. HF also has sets of miniature drills. If the pick won't do the job, try a fractional millimeter drill in a pin chuck. Their micro drill bit set is $3.99. They don't seem to have a pin chuck these days. Amazon.com has several. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pin+chuck&crid=1RKAG4460ZFIO&sprefix=pin+chuck,aps,157&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow! Is this thing still plugged up?!? 🤣
If it is still plugged I think tannerite is the next logical option. LOL! 😂

I feel his pain been there with a problem that drove me nuts. Just wish he was closer I say bring it to me I will unplug it on way or another. I can tear stuff up as good as or better than most. :blush:

HogHQ39

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always remember the hole is tiny for a reason.
I remember a customer who drilled his TC renegade, wanting more fire to the powder.
Blew him out of the tree stand, the hammer broke off and tore off the side of his face.
But he said he got the deer.
Oh yeah we made sure the bit was smaller then the hole… but thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Top Bottom