My Bohica .50 BMG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
pinkhr,
AWESOME!!!!! I like your rifles. I sure would like to hear from you about your rifle when it cools down. Don't know if this might help, but I bought some gunpowder to use in the 50 BGM and I will never ever be able to use it all if I don't get a 50?? pm me and I will tell you about the powder.
Thanks for sharing.
ACE
What brand is your Butt Stock?

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hello and thanx all. The buttstock is a MagPul PRS with an AccuSport Monopod. The upper runs $1,295 from Bohica (for the 24").

acelunnger, I forwarded your post to Ron as he is the reloader down here ....

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We both enjoy shooting our Bohica 50's. Both of them have Magpul PRS stocks and we both have AR-10s with Magpul PRS Stocks on them. They are great for good shooting and adjusting the stock so you can get your eye behind the scope in the proper position. I'm dying for some cooler weather to do some shooting.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pinkhr,
AWESOME!!!!! I like your rifles. I sure would like to hear from you about your rifle when it cools down. Don't know if this might help, but I bought some gunpowder to use in the 50 BGM and I will never ever be able to use it all if I don't get a 50?? pm me and I will tell you about the powder.
Thanks for sharing.
ACE
What brand is your Butt Stock?

Acelungger, I do the 50 caliber loading for Randy and I both and if you've got some powder for loading the 50 BMG let me know. I'm especially looking for Hogdon H-50BMG right now. I've got about 14 lbs of WC860 and 24 lbs or AA8700 and 2 lbs of H-5010 and about 1000 647 gr API resized bullets. I found out the WC860 was not very consistant and I'm itching to try out the H-50BMG to see how consistant it is.

When the weather cools off I don't think your really too far from us living in SE Kansas, so you might drop us a note and we can shoot as far as we want to on my place near Mangum Oklahoma. We can shoot anything we want to there including tannerite. It's nice having your own place without many neighbors.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Acelungger, I do the 50 caliber loading for Randy and I both and if you've got some powder for loading the 50 BMG let me know. I'm especially looking for Hogdon H-50BMG right now. I've got about 14 lbs of WC860 and 24 lbs or AA8700 and 2 lbs of H-5010 and about 1000 647 gr API resized bullets. I found out the WC860 was not very consistant and I'm itching to try out the H-50BMG to see how consistant it is.

When the weather cools off I don't think your really too far from us living in SE Kansas, so you might drop us a note and we can shoot as far as we want to on my place near Mangum Oklahoma. We can shoot anything we want to there including tannerite. It's nice having your own place without many neighbors.

Did you buy a reloading KIT or piece it together?

I wonder if I could have the barrel cut down short and SBR it?????? Of course then Id have to speak to bryon about putting a can on the end of it........

Really though, I've always thought a 50 would be nice but could never rationalize the cost but at the sub 1300 mark it might be time to jump. I wonder if I can get dealer pricing maybe Gillman would put together a group buy!

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tyromeo55 - DO NOT shorten the barrel on a .50 unless you can remount the muzzle brake. The brake is designed to compensate for roughly 60% of the recoil. Shooting a .50 without a brake will guarantee you a possible broken shoulder!!!! :(

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tyromeo55 - DO NOT shorten the barrel on a .50 unless you can remount the muzzle brake. The brake is designed to compensate for roughly 60% of the recoil. Shooting a .50 without a brake will guarantee you a possible broken shoulder!!!! :(

I was going to let andy or gillman try it out first to see how bad it is and then maybe shoot it ..........

I understand your disclaimer and thanks. I was just joking but for the sake of others im glad it was brought up

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom