My Bohica .50 BMG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL, I wish I had posted a lot more after I first found the site. You folks are a Hoot!

Anyway, for whoever wants to try it, but it won't be me .... :D

[Broken External Image]

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to let andy or gillman try it out first to see how bad it is and then maybe shoot it ..........

I understand your disclaimer and thanks. I was just joking but for the sake of others im glad it was brought up

Gilman's already got a bad shoulder so he might as well shoot it first. No since in me screwing up a perfectly good shoulder.:thumbup3:

Here is a link of how not to shoot a 50 bmg upper:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=258040

Yea, You are the "pretty one"

Gotta admit though.... It would be fun....... Once

Alright girls!! Tell you what I will shoot it first, however, I will need you to each hold one side of the target so it will stay steady.......:gun1:

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit I got lucky when I purchased my Bohica. A friend of Randy and I loaned me a RCBS 50 Caliber reloading set up minus a few items. It was still almost $500 worth of equipment. Since then I've picked up all the other goodies that make it easier to make quality ammo.

Today there were 4 of us shooting a Vulcan 50 BMG, Randy's 24" Bohica and my 30" Bohica. The Vulcan had a 9 lb trigger and was hard to get the ammo to go off with. Sure made me appreciate our Bohicas. On thing I noticed was that while I was shooting CBC brass and Lake City brass and the CBC brass was much better and easier to extract. The lake City brass needs a cleaning rod to tap the brass out. The commercial brass they were using in the Vulcan was very hit and miss with about 50% failure rate. Every round I shot went off just fine.

[Broken External Image]

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR BARREL, In my opinion your better off with 24" to 30" or even a couple of inches longer then that. That way you will get the most out of it. Some people say that a suppressor will cut down on recoil but I don't have a lot of experience with that. I still can't understand how they can reduce recoil. I suggest stick with the best muzzle break that comes with the rifle you get and go from there. I really like the Bohica muzzle break.

twixshaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Bohica also...30 inch with the bohica lower. What kind of scopes are yall using? I'm taking mine out tomorrow to a 400 yard range. Would like to get it out farther but dont know of any place. Will let ya know how she does. I've also had problems ejecting lake city brass out of mine also.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
C'Mon down to Altus sometime ... Ron has a 400 Acre Patch that we all can shoot on ..... We are just waiting for it to cool down a bit before we head put there.

BTW, I PM'd you about the scope that I use. Ron may post about his optics ... very nice stuff too .... :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
By the way DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR BARREL, In my opinion your better off with 24" to 30" or even a couple of inches longer then that. That way you will get the most out of it. Some people say that a suppressor will cut down on recoil but I don't have a lot of experience with that. I still can't understand how they can reduce recoil. I suggest stick with the best muzzle break that comes with the rifle you get and go from there. I really like the Bohica muzzle break.

Talking with a friend of mine with a .338 LM (a member of this board), he said that it is noticeable better than a gun with no brake, but that the muzzle brake is way better at reducing recoil compared to the suppressor. However, the brake increases volume at the shooters ears, where the suppressor decreases it.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I decided to get into 50 BMG game I thought I might want a BORES computer someday so I put a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 scope on my Bohica. Just about the same price as the Bohica all fitted out without a scope but I'm very happy with it. I'm kind of an Optics nut anyway and I'm always giving Randy a hard time by telling Friends don't let friends buy NC Star. But he gets lucky sometimes and ends up with some good shooters. Randy's right about when it cools off those that live close enough can get together and we can shoot anything we want at short or long range and I've got plenty of Tannerite we can shoot also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom