Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptoon

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok a couple of years ago my father-in-law moved to California. On the day he moved he asked his son and some of his friends to load his trailer for him. My wife and I had to work that day so we couldn't be their. My wife gets a frantic call from her father when he gets to California because he finds out they didn't put half of the stuff he wanted to bring into the trailer. Now you have to understand at this time my father-in-law was 300lbs, could barely walk, was taking all kinds of medications, and had Alzheimer's. Turns out her brother was just having them load what he didn't want. Now on to the problem. My father-in-laws guns. He thought that some of them would be illegal in California so he didn't bring them. Turns out he can have them so he wants us to bring them to him this summer. Well he left them in the care of her brother and it turns out that he parceled the guns out to his friends. His friends do not want to give them back and her brother is saying they don't have to give them back either. Anybody have any advice?:smash:

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bringing guns into California requires jumping through a bunch of hoops. The CA department of justice is real picky about what guns can be brought in. Each handgun has to registered and a fee paid. If he has Alzeheimers real bad, the CA DOJ may not even let him have the guns. I would suggest he contact the CA DOJ and figure out exactly what his importation of guns will require. We have it good here in OK. We buy and carry practically whatever we want. California doesn't allow mags more than 10. I believe AK's and AR's are basically outlawed out there (I know the AR's are sold with the "bullet button" out there) With open carry just around the corner for a lot of us here in OK, we got a lot more freedom than a typical Californian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom