negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and not even a mention of the attack on COP Keating, which would have turned out differently if air assents had not been re allocated to finding this prick. Or, how about the sacrifices made capturing the the 5 who were traded away? Seriously, troll if you want, but do some research first.

Calm the **** down bro. Its not like the post made them sound related jeez.

Then again judging by your other posts you are this much of a ****.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then tell me why we didn't declare war on Afghanistan as a country, or the Taliban as the controlling government body? Also, they haven't been the state entity if Afghanistan since 2002. What would you call them in the 12 years since?

Because, the US didn't recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government of that country, even though many others did, and some still do, but that is just a guess on my part. We did 'sort of' declare our intent to dismantle the Taliban via military action, but again I believe, it was just considered more of a house cleaning type action on a nation in chaos rather than declared war. Kind of like when we bombed Libya and called it a "Kinetic Military Action." In other words, our government officials just do what they darn well please despite what anyone else thinks, including the American people. But like it or not, the Taliban was the closest thing to a functioning state entity that Afghanistan had, or did have, for a long while prior to our invasion.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because, the US didn't recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government of that country, even though many others did, and some still do, but that is just a guess on my part. We did 'sort of' declare our intent to dismantle the Taliban via military action, but again I believe, it was just considered more of a house cleaning type action on a nation in chaos rather than declared war. Kind of like when we bombed Libya and called it a "Kinetic Military Action." In other words, our government officials just do what they darn well please despite what anyone else thinks, including the American people. But like it or not, the Taliban was the closest thing to a functioning state entity that Afghanistan had, or did have, for a long while prior to our invasion.

Politically easier to do some military intervention than it is to declare war

Latest posts

Top Bottom