New .22 Pistol - Help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The SR22P matched up with the 10/22 take down. It just doesn't get any better. I've owned a lot of different .22lr pistols and rifles. For the fun factor the two I listed are at the top of the pile. I now have 10 magazines for the SR22, and 8 BX22 magazines for the 10/22TD. Both guns will feed just about any 22lr ammunition, besides being accurate, they both max out the fun factor. You won't regret getting both of these!!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it will be a training pistol for her and you can't decide, let her take her pick of the ones you have it narrowed down to. I know of two Walthers that are real picky about ammo. The only two I have shot.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I have eliminated the Browning and the Walther, unless I find a steal one either one. I know, fat chance right!

Like someone else stated, the Buckmark is very similar to the MKIII, and if the Walther is picky I sure don't want it.

I don't get to eat steak everyday, so I'm sure not gonna feed a gun top dollar ammo every time I want to shoot it.

I would probably have ordered the M&P already, but the one mag deal kinda pisses me off, especially since spares are so hard to find and they cost an arm and a leg.

I found some mags in stock on GunGenie but you have to get them from a "local retailer".

I called four gunshops today, only two answered the phone, and they wouldn't even try to get the mags for me.

I am a S&W fan, but selling a new gun with only one mag is messed up.

The only SR22 I found in stock was one with a CT Light and no threaded barrel for $400.

Oh well, I guess there is no rush.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have eliminated the Browning and the Walther, unless I find a steal one either one. I know, fat chance right!

Like someone else stated, the Buckmark is very similar to the MKIII, and if the Walther is picky I sure don't want it.

I don't get to eat steak everyday, so I'm sure not gonna feed a gun top dollar ammo every time I want to shoot it.

I would probably have ordered the M&P already, but the one mag deal kinda pisses me off, especially since spares are so hard to find and they cost an arm and a leg.

I found some mags in stock on GunGenie but you have to get them from a "local retailer".

I called four gunshops today, only two answered the phone, and they wouldn't even try to get the mags for me.

I am a S&W fan, but selling a new gun with only one mag is messed up.

The only SR22 I found in stock was one with a CT Light and no threaded barrel for $400.

Oh well, I guess there is no rush.

Sportsworld in Tulsa had two sr22's in stock yesterday, one bi-tone and one purple.

chief63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SR22P matched up with the 10/22 take down. It just doesn't get any better. I've owned a lot of different .22lr pistols and rifles. For the fun factor the two I listed are at the top of the pile. I now have 10 magazines for the SR22, and 8 BX22 magazines for the 10/22TD. Both guns will feed just about any 22lr ammunition, besides being accurate, they both max out the fun factor. You won't regret getting both of these!!

Can't go wrong with that combo. I went with the M&P 22 pistol and M&P 15-22, but still might grab a 10/22TD. I'm too lazy to own a MK, but the SR22 is a nice pistol.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have never been much of a fan of the 10-22, but I am thinking of going with the M&P22 and M&P15-22 combo if I can get the magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom