New .22 Pistol - Help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like I'm down to the M&P or the Ruger.

I can get the M&P online, or at a local retailer for $349 with one mag, and additional mags impossible to find, or the Ruger non-threaded barrel, with two mags, for $379 with a CT rail light ($123 on Amazon). So far, I have only found the one Ruger in stock.

Any thoughts?

mega34bkw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife a sr22 for her first gun and she loved it, along with me and my son. It is very accurate and easy to use. She liked it so much, not long after, she picked out a Walther p99 compact and I got that for her as well.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, since the M&P only comes with one mag, and mags are impossible to find, I think I will try the SR22.

Does anyone know where one is available locally? I can get one online w/o the threaded barrel and with a CT Railmaster light for $335.

Thanks.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always liked it when a Ruger fit me gun wants. I bought four Ruger 22/45s for Christmas presents for Xmas 2011.

They are great. I hope the SR22 does as good for you. If your wife gets her a pistol later you might want to consider an SR9c.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you have in mind. The Ruger Mark II or III is more of a target/plinker, as is the Buckmark. The Buckmark will likely have a nicer trigger on it than the Ruger. The Ruger SR22 is more of a plinker/trainer for the service-style pistols. All three are good guns. Can't go wrong with any one of them, if you pick the one suited to your purpose and the hands that it needs to fit. BTW there are two gripframe size Buckmarks, so if the standard one doesn't fit, then try the one with the finger-groove stocks. Great for smaller hands!

I don't have experience with the M&P, so I can't speak to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom