New .22 Pistol - Help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiegunner

Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought the gsg compact 1911 and took it to the range and it functioned flawlessly. Had a S&W mp22 with nothing but problems and then got a mosquito and it was a little better but still not great.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just bought the gsg compact 1911 and took it to the range and it functioned flawlessly. Had a S&W mp22 with nothing but problems and then got a mosquito and it was a little better but still not great.

That's interesting. I hear that the M&P22 handles about any ammo, and I have also heard about a lot of problems with the Sig Mosquito.

Another vote for SR22 if you haven't bought anything yet.

I haven't bought one yet. I can't find a deal on a SR22.

Here's a link to the Ruger video on the SR22 cleaning/disassembly:

[video]http://www.ruger.com/resources/videos.html?vidID=005041[/video]

Thanks for the video.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always advise people to shoot something most similar to your main side arm. I carry a Colt 1911 45acp so I have a Colt 1911 .22lr that I use for target and lower ammo cost ( getting hard to find though).

I have buddies who shoot glocks and they often just go with the advantage arms kits, but there is one gun by ISSC or something that basically works like a glock some of them are shooting. its a good cheap way to practice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom