New Mexico Gov Shuts Down Grocery Stores ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prior to our taking off on our 3-week vacation out west, we considered going to NM to see Carlsbad Caverns. So, I researched the "covid rules" in each state to see what was possible in each place.

New Mexico was stating that anyone "coming" to the state had to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks before being able to "get out and about" as they wished. If one wasn't going to be there for two weeks, then they had to quarantine for the period that they were there. So, if one even stopped in the state overnight in a hotel/motel, one had to quarantine themselves, leaving them little option for food and drink while there.

By contrast, no such restrictions were in place in Colorado, Utah, or Arizona, so we did all our vacationing there, and in Colorado, it was primarily driving through.

At the various national parks and other places we visited, there were folks there in the outdoors with no one within yards of them and a lot were wearing masks. And, while the "in thing" to do is to take a selfie of oneself with such a natural wonder behind them, a lot of these folks were taking their selfies while wearing their masks. I figure that most of those folks were from the west coast states, but I had no way of verifying that thought. However, there are probably folks from everywhere that have bought into the panic and would feel right at home with those spooky people.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prior to our taking off on our 3-week vacation out west, we considered going to NM to see Carlsbad Caverns. So, I researched the "covid rules" in each state to see what was possible in each place.

New Mexico was stating that anyone "coming" to the state had to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks before being able to "get out and about" as they wished. If one wasn't going to be there for two weeks, then they had to quarantine for the period that they were there. So, if one even stopped in the state overnight in a hotel/motel, one had to quarantine themselves, leaving them little option for food and drink while there.

By contrast, no such restrictions were in place in Colorado, Utah, or Arizona, so we did all our vacationing there, and in Colorado, it was primarily driving through.

At the various national parks and other places we visited, there were folks there in the outdoors with no one within yards of them and a lot were wearing masks. And, while the "in thing" to do is to take a selfie of oneself with such a natural wonder behind them, a lot of these folks were taking their selfies while wearing their masks. I figure that most of those folks were from the west coast states, but I had no way of verifying that thought. However, there are probably folks from everywhere that have bought into the panic and would feel right at home with those spooky people.
Nobody is following those ridiculous travel guidelines in NM. Nobody is trying to enforce them either.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody is following those ridiculous travel guidelines in NM. Nobody is trying to enforce them either.

Gawd, I would hope not. Tulsa has ordained that police can be called for a "Health Risk Violation" or some such verbiage. I becoming more and more a hermit -- then they wil want me to be the bell of the ball ... Bastards are never happy. I swear ...

:chop::chop::chop:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gawd, I would hope not. Tulsa has ordained that police can be called for a "Health Risk Violation" or some such verbiage. I becoming more and more a hermit -- then they wil want me to be the bell of the ball ... Bastards are never happy. I swear ...

Someone calling you a ding-a-ling does not mean they think you are the bell of the ball. :pms2::pms2::pms2:

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We didn't stop for anything other than bathroom stops while going through NM, so I can't argue your point. However, I have to ask if you live there or have family or friends that do and can verify that your statements are correct.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New Mexico has a population of 2 million people. Total Covid deaths..... ~1600. Try again.
They're fudging the number

I went to Bartlesville this morning to sell some properties. I stopped Bass Pro on the way back through. Saw a few people wearing mask but for the most part the crowd was without.
I noticed very few mask in b-ville except the courthouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom