New Prep Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped in today. Had a few things I was looking for. High end gear at competitive prices. Glad they are here. Legacy foods is top notch in flavor and quality department. Glad they stock it. As others have noted less anti government and more have a plan type store. Yet another store that will will get to take money from me on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the skinny. The guys who own Homestand found some backers (a storm shelter company) and decided to do their own store. It's a fancy looking store for sure, gonna have to bring in a lot of money with those high prices, 5 employees, and corner shop mortgage (3k a month im sure). They've got a lot of things for your storm cellar, but that is about it folks. Maybe that is the market they are going for, if so.. good luck.

Red Dawn is now a new store called Plan B Survival. Opened back up Feb 17th. New owners, new inventory. They are also doing a ton more classes than what Red Dawn did.

Plan B Survival
6101 SE 15th
Midwest City, OK 73110

Signed up just for the shameless competitor plug huh?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TBSADavid and I stopped in today, nice store, I was looking for a particular item they didn't stock yet and they sent me to a competitor for it. I will be back as I add items to my kit. Mostly very high end stuff, and a good selection of basic needs. I hope they get enough traffic to stay there. Good folks..

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that they have NO Zombie BS makes me want to go. I'll hit it after lunch. Tobacco Exchange is good for when you are out of stuff or want to try before you buy online.

That was the first question that I asked the guy when I walked in...."Where's all your zombie stuff?" and he said "We're not really focusing on that" and I was like "That's cool."

I still don't think that they are going to stay in business for very long, given their high cost of overhead.

Additionally, I would like for them to carry "cheaper" products like UTG and Condor at a reasonable discounted price when compared to their Maxpedition stuff.

I went in there and did some "showrooming" for my new EDC "man-purse", but from what I saw, their prices were competitive with Amazon.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in and spoke to the guy. He told me that a lot of the stuff that was in OutcomeSix's post was just flat-out wrong. He said:

1. They are not sponsored by a storm shelter company.
2. Their rent is not $3,000.
3. They do not have five (5) employees, and never did.

So take what you hear on the internet with a grain of salt.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the skinny. The guys who own Homestand found some backers (a storm shelter company) and decided to do their own store. It's a fancy looking store for sure, gonna have to bring in a lot of money with those high prices, 5 employees, and corner shop mortgage (3k a month im sure). They've got a lot of things for your storm cellar, but that is about it folks. Maybe that is the market they are going for, if so.. good luck.

Red Dawn is now a new store called Plan B Survival. Opened back up Feb 17th. New owners, new inventory. They are also doing a ton more classes than what Red Dawn did.

Plan B Survival
6101 SE 15th
Midwest City, OK 73110

I am just going to come out and say it. Plan B survival Blatantly ripped off my old stores name. PlanB Outfitters which I still own the rights too. You are also coming in other peoples threads and shamelessly plugging your business. This is not the kind of place I would associate myself with nor do business there. Please keep your nose in your own business and out of other peoples.

outcomesix

New to the site!
Reaction score
For your information sir, Plan B Survival is not a blatant rip off of your old stores name. The owner of this entirely new company actually used to be involved in the skateboarding industry, and be it such, is actually based on Plan B Skateboards in which the owner is very fond of. Not so much a shameless plug as it is a bold defense of other statements (or assumptions) it seems people have made about our store. People who obviously are comparing this new store to an older store that doesn't even exist anymore. Thirdly, the owners of this new "prepper" store used to be customers of Red Dawn and have even been into Plan B prior to opening their own store. The owner of this new store even has stated publicly that they are the only store of their kind in this state, which is not true. There is actually one other store, aside from ours, that serves this community. In hind-sight, if we have to worry about a store that is more than 16 miles away from ours, we are in the wrong business! Shameless plug for the company I work for, sure... whatever floats your boat or pisses you off! Signed up just to post a shameless plug, yeah... you kinda have too. Then again, I had never even heard of this forum till a customer mentioned it to me. Good day to all of you. As far as this new store goes... I hope they make a ton of money!!! I hope they can increase awareness of the average citizen of the hazards and dangers one should prepare for in this state and in general. In the end, I don't see them as competitors. They offer quite a few products that we either don't desire to carry, or products we carry in variation of. I've sent customers elsewhere if I knew another place offered something we don't carry in our store. So in the end, I wish them well. Just as others have "called it like they see it", posted their assumptions, these are mine. We went and checked out this store, as soon as the owner recognized us (our manager was also the manager of Red Dawn, which was open for three years prior to Plan B), he shuffled into the back of the store to avoid us. But these are all just opinions, probably just mere speculation and banter. Good day to all of you.

- outcomesix out

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For your information sir, Plan B Survival is not a blatant rip off of your old stores name. The owner of this entirely new company actually used to be involved in the skateboarding industry, and be it such, is actually based on Plan B Skateboards in which the owner is very fond of. Not so much a shameless plug as it is a bold defense of other statements (or assumptions) it seems people have made about our store. People who obviously are comparing this new store to an older store that doesn't even exist anymore. Thirdly, the owners of this new "prepper" store used to be customers of Red Dawn and have even been into Plan B prior to opening their own store. The owner of this new store even has stated publicly that they are the only store of their kind in this state, which is not true. There is actually one other store, aside from ours, that serves this community. In hind-sight, if we have to worry about a store that is more than 16 miles away from ours, we are in the wrong business! Shameless plug for the company I work for, sure... whatever floats your boat or pisses you off! Signed up just to post a shameless plug, yeah... you kinda have too. Then again, I had never even heard of this forum till a customer mentioned it to me. Good day to all of you. As far as this new store goes... I hope they make a ton of money!!! I hope they can increase awareness of the average citizen of the hazards and dangers one should prepare for in this state and in general. In the end, I don't see them as competitors. They offer quite a few products that we either don't desire to carry, or products we carry in variation of. I've sent customers elsewhere if I knew another place offered something we don't carry in our store. So in the end, I wish them well. Just as others have "called it like they see it", posted their assumptions, these are mine. We went and checked out this store, as soon as the owner recognized us (our manager was also the manager of Red Dawn, which was open for three years prior to Plan B), he shuffled into the back of the store to avoid us. But these are all just opinions, probably just mere speculation and banter. Good day to all of you.

- outcomesix out

Quoted for posterity. The use of 'they' in your first post instead of 'we' is disingenuous when you are affiliated with the business.

If your first post didn't keep people from the forum out of your establishment, the second one firmly planted the nail in that coffin for quite a few of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom