New Prep Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just going to come out and say it. Plan B survival Blatantly ripped off my old stores name. PlanB Outfitters which I still own the rights too.

This was the first thing I thought of when hearing the name.

Quoted for posterity. The use of 'they' in your first post instead of 'we' is disingenuous when you are affiliated with the business.

If your first post didn't keep people from the forum out of your establishment, the second one firmly planted the nail in that coffin for quite a few of us.

Bingo.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For your information sir, Plan B Survival is not a blatant rip off of your old stores name. The owner of this entirely new company actually used to be involved in the skateboarding industry, and be it such, is actually based on Plan B Skateboards in which the owner is very fond of. Not so much a shameless plug as it is a bold defense of other statements (or assumptions) it seems people have made about our store. People who obviously are comparing this new store to an older store that doesn't even exist anymore. Thirdly, the owners of this new "prepper" store used to be customers of Red Dawn and have even been into Plan B prior to opening their own store. The owner of this new store even has stated publicly that they are the only store of their kind in this state, which is not true. There is actually one other store, aside from ours, that serves this community. In hind-sight, if we have to worry about a store that is more than 16 miles away from ours, we are in the wrong business! Shameless plug for the company I work for, sure... whatever floats your boat or pisses you off! Signed up just to post a shameless plug, yeah... you kinda have too. Then again, I had never even heard of this forum till a customer mentioned it to me. Good day to all of you. As far as this new store goes... I hope they make a ton of money!!! I hope they can increase awareness of the average citizen of the hazards and dangers one should prepare for in this state and in general. In the end, I don't see them as competitors. They offer quite a few products that we either don't desire to carry, or products we carry in variation of. I've sent customers elsewhere if I knew another place offered something we don't carry in our store. So in the end, I wish them well. Just as others have "called it like they see it", posted their assumptions, these are mine. We went and checked out this store, as soon as the owner recognized us (our manager was also the manager of Red Dawn, which was open for three years prior to Plan B), he shuffled into the back of the store to avoid us. But these are all just opinions, probably just mere speculation and banter. Good day to all of you.

- outcomesix out

OK if it really was just a coincidence I Apologize. What led me to believe it was a blatant rip off was this thread, in which it was even spelled without a space in the name of the store identical to mine.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...west-City-will-reopen-Feb17-as-PlanB-survival

In which I also commented on the name and was ignored by the gentlemen who started the thread.

Also the fact that the logo has no space in the B similar to mine was a little too similar as well.
Yours/Theirs
http://nebula.wsimg.com/bd335239f01...3D043825D41CC58F1&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
Mine
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/261724_254599704555718_908757_n.jpg

Again, If all of this is just a coincidence then you have my apologies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, GC and I finally made it by the store today to check it out ... Kid behind the counter was nice, store is nice, has lots of neat stuff to look at. Prices are in line with what you would expect. Honestly, if I can find it there or at Plan B at the same price as my Amazon Prime membership gets it to my door I'll buy it from one of these two places. Homestead does have plenty of stock. I'm wanting one of those pots that you can charge your cellphone with while you cook in the worst sort of way so I will definitely be back in to buy as it was priced in line with Amazon's prices ...

BTW, I am taking the food production class at Plan B tomorrow afternoon ... I'll start a thread when I get home ... Or maybe Sunday morning if I don't feel like logging on after I get chores and GC's dinner done ...

Homestead has some classes also. One of them is taught by a guy I happen to personally have dealt with. Not someone I would want to be associated with but hey ... everyone has to make their own choices ... Just because he is allowing this guy to teach a class or two there will not keep me from spending money with him. Now, ever go in and this guy is behind the counter, it will be the last time I shop there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom