New Ruger 1911 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well damn. They just had to do it. I was holding out hope too.
At least they didn't try to print the damn thing on the side of the slide.... :grumble:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v221_tokarev_Ruger_201911_20Pistol_P1010803.jpg

Looks like it could be bead blasted off with minimum effort. I wonder if that would void the warranty?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well damn. They just had to do it. I was holding out hope too.
At least they didn't try to print the damn thing on the side of the slide.... :grumble:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v221_tokarev_Ruger_201911_20Pistol_P1010803.jpg

Did anyone notice that BEFORE is double stamped? Could make it collectable like a double stamped coin? Sorry for the dumb question... Just curious. I like the looks of the pistol but I'll stick with my RIAs.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one. But will wait until they add a Commander sized 9 mm.

Been thinking about Springfeild... but just cant bring myself to by a "American" brand thats built in Brazil (at leat the forgings)

If those frames are as good as they say they are dimensionally... I don't expect a lot of those guns to stay bone stock for long.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I tend to take articles on GunBlast with a grain of salt (they hardly ever say anything bad about any gun), they gave some insight into the new Ruger that definitely piqued my interest.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR1911.htm

To be honest, this gun might signal the return of a 1911 to my collection for a few reasons:

1) Made in the USA

2) Price - I'm not interested enough in 1911's to spend a lot of money on one that then has to be sent to a smithy to make it run, a truly high-end 1911 is out of the question for me, I'd just rather have a higher end wheel gun

3) Many people love to hate Ruger, but they build, in my experience with a few different Ruger's, reliable firearms sometimes on par with more expensive models

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll look forward to seeing it. I'm really happy with my Springfield but I'd take a look at it if it's cheap. If it's cheap enough, i might even be able to look past the crap printed on the dust cover....:grumble:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rats, rats, rats, rats!!!! Just when I thought I was through buying pistols, just when I thought I had everything I either wanted or needed in the way of pistols, just when I thought that the desire for yet another new pistol would no longer keep me awake in the wee hours of the early morning, Ruger comes out with an American-made stainless steel M1911 at a typically low Ruger price! AARGH, I must have one (here we go again, honey)!
Ron

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
typically low Ruger price! AARGH, I must have one (here we go again, honey)!

It also doesn't have the typical stupid Ruger safety features (no lock, no magazine safety), and they clearly went out of their way to make the typical stupid Ruger safety warnings as unobtrusive as their legal department would let them.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by this.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rats, rats, rats, rats!!!! Just when I thought I was through buying pistols, just when I thought I had everything I either wanted or needed in the way of pistols, just when I thought that the desire for yet another new pistol would no longer keep me awake in the wee hours of the early morning, Ruger comes out with an American-made stainless steel M1911 at a typically low Ruger price! AARGH, I must have one (here we go again, honey)!
Ron

Me too!! lmao

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate stuff like that. Pretty soon they'll add "Front toward enemy" on the front of the barrel in claymore style. Except it makes sense on a claymore.

:confused: It would make sense on the end of a barrel too.

Gun looks cool but to be honest I don't think I'd buy just because of that disclaimer. The 1911 is such a timeless clean classic and they go and stamp that **** on there. It would make me cringe every time I turned the gun upside down and looked at the dust cover. Why don't we just slap John Browning in the face?

Latest posts

Top Bottom