New toy from aim...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christ0pher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been huge into military surplus weapons...I'm pretty sure it is for several reasons...1) I love imagining where the weapon has been before...what it has seen...for instance, who carried my 54 polish tok and where?
And 2) I've never been a fan of plastic guns.I know, not all new stuff is plastic, but holding something made substantially of polymer in my hands just doesn't do it...I like something with a bit of heft..

One gun I love the look of is the Hi Power...I always said to myself someday someday, I'll get one..I've had a chance to handle a couple through the last couple years, but no way I could talk myself into dropping the money on a new one.

Week and a half ago aim had some fn hps, steel and alloy framed.by the time I saw then, the steel framed were gone, but there were still some alloy framed ones...they are turn ins from Europe, I believe Belgium...I couldn't resist, grabbed an alloy one and here are some pics. Seems decent shape for a gun carried quite a bit, and made in 81 (another gun to the collection that is older than me). The import mark is hardly noticeable and less legible. Bore looks excellent. Now to find more mags.

I love old guns!
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old? Here's an old one. I need to get one of the newer external extractor pistols and retire this one.

Attachments

• parts 461.jpg
    parts 461.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 203
  • parts 469.jpg
    parts 469.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 218

christ0pher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, milsurp2.0... I know this HP isn't very 'old' at all. It is the most modern, or youngest, of all my mil surp weapons except my CZ-82... almost hesitated posting it in this subforum!

1836...now that is old...

Gfercaks, I have seen those sitting there, had to hold back against getting one...I figure aim has enough of my money this quarter having bought this hp and a k31 a couple weeks prior.. also the p64 looks pretty similar to the cz-70 (grabbed one last summer from aim), and I've read trigger pull on DA is just about as bad....that is what keeps me from getting one..that and my lgs thinking I am insane from the amount of stuff I have shipped to em..

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better get those plastic grips off of it!
Try an FN FAL on for history, steel and for the "where has this been and what war has it been in"!
Plastic, at least grips and forearms, have been on guns for at least 60 years that I know of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom