new trend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In corporate america it's simple....Play by their rules or go home....... Did he do the right thing, Yup, does the company still have the right to fire him, Yup.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So by Walgreens policy you should sit down and be a victim? I doubt he gave two chits about walgreens, this store or policies, but its evident he did not like a gun pointed at him and he wanted to go home to his family that night. I would gladly hire him if I had a drug store.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This should be an interesting case, but I would have thought he would have been fired for possessing the gun, not some no escalation rule. If self-defense is a civil right he may make a case on that, but the climate is poor.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i remember reading more than one story about pizza hut employees getting fired over the same thing.

a pizza delivery guy in oklahoma was killed in 2008. he got shot over something like $20 and a box of pizza.

Its disgusting that any company would want to take away someones right to defend themselves.

they should be rewarded for their part in helping clean up the gene pool.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one will never take my business to Wallgreens after this...that man did what he should have and should have been promoted for it...

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having worked for the competition (Eckerds and CVS), there is probably a policy in the Walgreens handbook about having a weapon on Company Property. At least, I seem to recall one in things that I read when I worked for those companies up until 6 years ago.

It does SUCK, but the Company makes the play book up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom