New York City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does 218 get you anywere ??

The newest member of the SCOTUS, Justice Sotomayor, ruled as a member of the Federal District Court that New York is not bound by the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution. New York city and the District of Columbia both specifically state they are not bound by the Safe Passage Act or any other Federal gun law they choose to ignore.

What do you think? :puke:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The newest member of the SCOTUS, Justice Sotomayor, ruled as a member of the Federal District Court that New York is not bound by the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution. New York city and the District of Columbia both specifically state they are not bound by the Safe Passage Act or any other Federal gun law they choose to ignore.

What do you think? :puke:

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New York and New Jersey have both said that they will NOT honor HR218.

New York already lost a case where they tried to prosecute an officer who was on duty serving court papers from out of state. The constable won and was acquitted, but I'm sure it cost him a fortune to defend himself against it...

Here's a link to the case, it a pretty interesting read, although kinda long---

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/NYCtLEOSARulingPeoplevsRodriguez.PDF

Moral of this story is stay out of New York, LEO or Not...

Fog

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to wanna go to NYC just to say I been there. :blahblah:

As I've gotten older and perhaps a little bit wiser, I have no desire to go. :disappoin

But...if I was gonna go, you bet your ass I'd be packin'! :thumb:

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6! Them sonsofbitches are nuts! :screwy:

Damn yankees. :grumble:

Didn't work out so well for Plaxico Burress (how the hell do you even think that a name like Plaxico is a good name? Sounds like some next gen polymer). But he was an idiot anyway.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know several officers who have been to both NJ and NYC, and have carried under HR218. None of them ever had an iota of problem. More than a couple have went to NYPD Precint houses to trade patches and whatnot, and the officers there told them they are aware of the LEOSA, and honor it.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know several officers who have been to both NJ and NYC, and have carried under HR218. None of them ever had an iota of problem. More than a couple have went to NYPD Precint houses to trade patches and whatnot, and the officers there told them they are aware of the LEOSA, and honor it.

That has been my experience as well.

I have never had a problem with NYCPD or Boston.

I am also confident that the potus' signature will overwhelm any bureaucrat's opinion.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom