night hunting in ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice425

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys, what is the law in okla about hunting hogs and/or coyotes with a green light attached to weapon? ive looked around but found no definite answer.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Night shooting permits are given to land owners only. However a land owner can allow others to use the permit.
Good luck getting one though, most game wardens won't give them out to just anyone. I was lucky to get one for hogs with a bow and was told I wouldn't be given one for guns.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get a permit to hunt coyotes on public or private, but you can't attach a light to your gun. Get with your local warden for the permit.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a permit to hunt coyotes on public or private, but you can't attach a light to your gun. Get with your local warden for the permit.

At night??? No
Permits are only issued to the land owner, meaning your name has to be on the deed. And it pretty much requires you use a light or night vision. I just went through this last year on my uncle's land. It's possible to find a warden that will let you get away some some stuff but I highly doubt it will fly on public. We had a warden around the house that would let us use 22s and spot lights but we had to call him every time we did it and tell him exactly were we would be. But that was a long time ago.
Plus the use of spot lights and 22s is common practice on coons around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom