night hunting in ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to know the game warden, ours left the area a couple of years ago, but before she left we shot some coyotes at night. I held the light and called and she used my 243 to shoot 10 one night, we were having problems with them killing calves as they were being born. She also came out and pulled some corn/rat poison mixture out of a bird feeder in a pecan grove (owner was poisoning squirrels) the guy who was doing that was fined close to five grand. The warden usually wants to know where the night shooting is being done so they don't come in guns drawn to arrest a poacher, after they recieve a tip from Johnny good samaritan.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they want to know where you will be hunting. That's why you have to list it on your permit. As for everyone telling me their warden won't let them I've had 3 over the years tell me the same thing. A phone call to their supervisor got me a permit though. I talked to the chief warden in Okc a few years back about this and he told me, "my wardens aren't going to pick and choose which laws they are going to enforce. If you want a permit I will get you one." I have never had a problem getting one and I'm not sure why so many people do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom