No carry signs at church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
um yeah .. my church.. and its a big freakin church, on line, app, .TV... has its own group "Brothers in Arms"....NO CCW signs on the doors... not gonna happen.
you would be amazed at the name of the church.
LC.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what happens when a woman is placed in a leadership role in. church. It ain't supposed to happen. Luckily my church wont ever put up signs. We aren't a bunch of liberals.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time with a minister with the Salvation Army, and he had his CCW.
A lot of their soup kitchens were close to skid row. One time a man came up to him
when he left the kitchen, and tried to rob him. He pulled his gun and the guy
retreated really fast. For weeks after that incident, every time we walked by a
group sitting or laying on the benches etc, you would hear them talking about
"Preacher carries a Gun"

We always got a laugh out of it.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, just to balance this discussion. I was told by one of my FEMALE pastors at church that concealed and/or open carry are not prohibited. Basically, just don't act crazy and you'll be ok. Also, there needs to be security in church, and today reaffirmed my belief of that. During the 10:30am service, a young lady walked out of the crowd and onto the stage while the people were singing and started to cause a ruckus. Then in the 12:30pm service, a young black man with sunglasses and stereo headphones comes down during a song which was during prayer time. Several people approached him asking if he wanted to be prayed with (this was the time of service when you would do that) and he said that he wanted to pray with someone, but that he wanted to choose who it was that prayed with him. He started to cause a scene and this large, intimidating black guy named Tony that is our church security came up to him and spoke with him and that made the man even more upset. He started to get agitated and said "So that is how you do things here." and tony told him that he could get someone to pray with him, but that it needed to be done outside at that point. All in all I was very impressed with how Tony, the head of security handled the situation, and it just goes to reinforce what I have been told in the past. I go to one of the mega-churches in OKC that accepts EVERYONE, and when you accept EVERYONE, regardless of race, clothing, income level, cleanliness, ETC., ETC., you can sometimes get people that have real problems and can be a danger to themselves and others.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no move by the methodist conference to inact a no firearms policy that I know of. The main office by ocu is not posted. I know two ds's that carry and several pastors. If she keeps it up contact the ds and request a new appointment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I agree too. Talk to the district superintendent. She need to go some where else if she is trying to destroy the safe sanctuary. If she has not been to the Methodist safe sanctuary training, she need to go. Congregation can ask her to go some where else at annual charge conference too. CCW will makes it safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom