Nonresident permit stop in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.onlinecarrytraining.com/class

That's what I used. It was about a year ago and they still used AZ then. From what I understand they have switched to a VA permit, which is still valid in Oklahoma. I'm not sure if the class changed since then.

Wow, $70 is kind of steep for an online course that doesn't include fingerprinting (I assume fingerprinting is required by VA). I took my course which included fingerprinting at Safe Home Consulting in Tulsa for $60. Fingerprinting will cost you $25 if you can find someone that will do it. SHC also does courses in other cities - just check out their website to see the class schedule. I took the course and got fingerprinted on a Saturday and mailed the application in at the post office the same day. I got my permit about 3 weeks later.https://api.viglink.com/api/click?f...INE Ar15 store&txt=www.safehomeconsulting.com

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, $70 is kind of steep for an online course that doesn't include fingerprinting (I assume fingerprinting is required by VA). I took my course which included fingerprinting at Safe Home Consulting in Tulsa for $60. Fingerprinting will cost you $25 if you can find someone that will do it. SHC also does courses in other cities - just check out their website to see the class schedule. I took the course and got fingerprinted on a Saturday and mailed the application in at the post office the same day. I got my permit about 3 weeks later.

I agree that does seem high.

I plan on going to the SHC training soon.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fingerprinting at sheriff is $5, $25 for OK SDA printing as they have some investigative stuff, etc to complete as well. As far as being on a list, etc, OSBI does not and will not provide names of permit holders to anyone with the exception of LEO for law enforcement purposes only.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also only have an AZ NR permit at this point. I also took the class from Safe Home Consulting. The Oklahoma permit is too expensive, and expires the second you move out of Oklahoma. It's a waste of money and I fail to see why anyone would bother getting one unless you want to go to a state that requires you have a resident permit (colorado or florida essentially).

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also only have an AZ NR permit at this point. I also took the class from Safe Home Consulting. The Oklahoma permit is too expensive, and expires the second you move out of Oklahoma. It's a waste of money and I fail to see why anyone would bother getting one unless you want to go to a state that requires you have a resident permit (colorado or florida essentially).
Is there a regularly scheduled class or is it a call and schedule one on one class with the instructor? And I can have this permit in addition to my OK permit? TY.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fingerprinting at sheriff is $5, $25 for OK SDA printing as they have some investigative stuff, etc to complete as well. As far as being on a list, etc, OSBI does not and will not provide names of permit holders to anyone with the exception of LEO for law enforcement purposes only.

As long as Julian Asand (or whatever his name is) or someone like him doesn't steal the data and publish it, that's fine.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I plan to get an OK permit sooner or later so Colorado and Florida will be cool to visit. With a permit from any state that expires as soon as you leave it is a good idea to have a backup I think.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a regularly scheduled class or is it a call and schedule one on one class with the instructor? And I can have this permit in addition to my OK permit? TY.

They list their schedule on their website. I think they have one a couple of Saturdays every month. Yes, you can have two or more permits if other states will issue nonresident permits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom