Nonresident permit stop in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I sent in my paperwork and money order Monday. We will see how long it takes.

It is supposed to be about 30 days.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not scary at all and the antigun nuts have plenty of ammunition if they want. Heck some states don't require any classes for their permits.

I think you misunderstood my point. I believe in constitutional carry (no classes), but a state that does require a class, should be a class over the legality of carrying, not a hunter safety course taken decades ago. My hunter safety course was over safe hunting practices and safe rifle handling, and not a thing to do about carrying a handgun for defensive purposes. It seems silly if they are going to require a class, that that class would suffice.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then reciprocity isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that when a state honors the license of another state they are, in effect, issuing a (nonwritten) license via that reciprocity law. Has anyone ever heard of someone being charged with the Federal statue when the state statute contradicts the Federal?

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's absolutely a blatant Article 4 violation but someone will have to test it to get it changed.

According to federal statutes it's legal to carry in a post office. The problem is, the postal service disagrees. Attorney Kevin Jamison http://www.kljamisonlaw.com/ says that if you want to get the postal service to agree you need to do one thing. He says that you need to get a 55 gallon drum, and pack it good and tight with $100 bills. Then wheel it into his office and you and he can talk about it. Until you do that, it's all just talk.

Fighting the gun free school zone act will require at least as many $100 bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom