Norinco or Yugo SKS???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that Yugo SKS's didn't have a chrome bore.
How about their AK's?

As far as I know, they don't have chrome bores either. On a side note, the non-chrome bore ak/sks seem to be more accurate. I had a Yugo Ak that was suprisingly accurate. It shot about half the group size of chrome bore ak's I've shot.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given a choice, I'd go with the Nork just to avoid having to deal with the Yugo's grenade launcher gas valve and associated launcher bulk.

Of course, I'd also say to go with a 16" Nork because I :heart: mine, but they're hard to find for a reasonable price now.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Given a choice, I'd go with the Nork just to avoid having to deal with the Yugo's grenade launcher gas valve and associated launcher bulk.

Of course, I'd also say to go with a 16" Nork because I :heart: mine, but they're hard to find for a reasonable price now.

I've got one of the short Norinco's as well, and they are sweet. She will shoot circles around a standard length SKS.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want some real fun, track down a Norinco SKS-M or SKS-D.

They are configured to take AK magazines. ( Although they are finicky with euro mags, they love Chinese mags )

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the heavier weight of my Yugo to the chinese sks I had a few years back - plus with my long arms the chinese didn't fit too well. Happily I've had no gas valve problems, although replacement parts are not expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom